Product feature - can make it clickable?

I’ve finally figured out how to add features and create filters (well… more or less).

Now I’m wondering if it’s possible to make some features clickable?

E.g. here “book title” is product name and “new author” is a feature (book author name). Clicking this author name I would like to see all books by the author. Or even better - a page where first we see some information about author and listed below - all his/her books available in the shop.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

[quote name=‘CookOnStrike’]

Now I’m wondering if it’s possible to make some features clickable?

[/QUOTE]

Hi, I’m also looking for that solution. I’ll let you know if I got it working.

Heck I’d like to know how you even got that to show up there.

To do that would require some modifications to the files. If you have a support period or credits then send CS Cart a message via helpdesk. If it isn’t a big job they will probably do it for you. I got them to make a few design changes and only cost me 10 credits.

The only other way I can think to do it, would be to create a product feature called Author and add all your authors as varients. When adding the varient click on the extra link and this will allow you to add a picture if you want, add text and also allow you to set up the SEO name for the page.

Once you have done that you would then need to add a manual link in your description to the page you have just set up for the author.

You could put something like this under your description and link to your authors page:-

View all books by this author

If you go to my site, it’s not finished yet, you will see the page that CS Cart creates if you click on Ed Harvey under brands on the home page. If you click on the Ed Hardy Eagle T-Shirt you can see my test setup.

This would also allow you to let your customers use product filters to select authors.

Hope this helps.

John

[quote name=‘utilityempire’]

If you go to my site, it’s not finished yet, you will see the page that CS Cart creates if you click on Ed Harvey under brands on the home page. If you click on the Ed Hardy Eagle T-Shirt you can see my test setup.

John[/QUOTE]

That’s a nice looking page design John, kudos!