Product export wont export

I have a little over 32,000 items.

But the export function on the site will not export all my products, seems that its just to big!

Is there another way to do a product export?

Also, I'm only trying to export 4 fields of data.

Thanks

Hello harpersmoto,

Thank you for your message.

First of all, I suggest that you should check PHP, Apache and FastCGI error logs on your server. Often on servers with FastCGI support, the script execution is interrupted because of some FastCGI limitation specified in a configuration file on the server. In this case an error is logged and you can see it in the FastCGI error logs. If you are not sure where to get these logs, you can contact your server administrator and ask him/her about it.

If this information does not help you resolve the problem for some reason, you can always export not all products at once but divide them into several parts so that you could have several exported .csv files. In order to implement it, you should do the following:

1. In the CS-Cart administration panel, go to Administration > Export Data > Products.
  2. Select the fields which are not necessary for export in the Exported fields box and click the button to move it to the Available fields box.
  3. Choose the necessary delimiter kind in the CSV delimiter select box.
  4. Choose the necessary output kind in the Output select box in the Export options section.
  5. Enter a new name of the file where data will be exported or leave the existing one in the input field of the Filename option.
  6. Click on the Select >> link next to Note: You can select the range for export (otherwise all products will be exported) on the left.
  7. Select check boxes of the desired products.
  8. Click on the Choose action link and select the Export selected option.
  9. On the opened page, click the Export button.
  10. Repeat steps 1-9 for the other existing products.

As a result you will have several .csv files. I hope this information will help you.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

If you can't increase the allocated memory in php have you tried exporting to the server.

Also depending why you want to export, if it's to just edit and not add go direct to the database, copy the table then exported the copied version. Make the changes empty the copied version in the database and then import the one you edited. Rename the tables to make the one that you want to work.

[quote name='kickoff3pm' timestamp='1366372687' post='160259']

If you can't increase the allocated memory in php have you tried exporting to the server.

Also depending why you want to export, if it's to just edit and not add go direct to the database, copy the table then exported the copied version. Make the changes empty the copied version in the database and then import the one you edited. Rename the tables to make the one that you want to work.

[/quote]

Thank you guys for the comments.

I havent checked the logs yet but will here shortlu.

What I did find though was I went into the php.ini file and change the memory limit.

It was set to:

64m

These are my new settings:

max_execution_time = 300 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

max_input_time = 600 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data

memory_limit = 128M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (16MB)

Still doesn't seem like any luck in downloading it.

I'm just trying to export them all to edit it.

I tried to do the export through the database and its not exactly working as intended.

When I do the export it only does the part numbers with the weights and what not.

If I do the export for “product_desciption” it give me the SEO data, but no part numbers.

The SEO data is what Im needing to update.

So im not sure if theres yet another way to do this besides only exporting 100 products at a time and doing this.

I have around 70,000 products and also find I can only export one field at a time if I want to export my whole product list, so I just do, for example, three separate exports and then combine the separate files into one (I use comma as the delimiter, which makes it easier). If the fields you are exporting don't contain much information, you may be able to export two fields at a time. It does take some time for each export file to be ready though.

And try exporting them to the server instead of direct download like kickoff3pm said

John