Product details page

[quote name=‘angel’]

Darius, this is a really great idea! Unfortunately it is impossible to realize this project in the near future, but I will take it into consideration. Hope in future we will be able to realize this idea to its best.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying there is not way to split in to two, center (content) column of the store and fit two block in it next to each other, for example my account block and news or testimonials next to it?

[quote name=‘Darius’]

2. Design without tabs. I’ve seen cs-cart sites, product details pages where are no tabs. Send to friend, features and tags blocks were in a row one below other.[/QUOTE]

This is an option in the admin area in the past few releases. Starting with 2.0.10 or 2.0.9 I believe.

[quote name=‘adodric’]This is an option in the admin area in the past few releases. Starting with 2.0.10 or 2.0.9 I believe.[/QUOTE]

I do not know that as I am still on 2.07 :slight_smile: will update to final stable release only!

I’d like to be able to define custom fields in the Product Details page and be able to import to them through the application. Right now I’m having to do it from the back-end database.

I would like to see the details in a table next to the image, rather than in a tab. Customers don’t like to look for information. Things like dimensions shouldn’t be obscured. Maybe have an option to put some information in a table and others in a tab?

Would it be possible to add a layout like the one attached? This layout has the tabs on the right side of the product image. Using the default layout, if you tend to have a lot of product options for each item, the tabs get pushed down and it creates a void beneath the product image.

product_layout_tabs_right.JPG

[quote name=‘hdg’]Would it be possible to add a layout like the one attached? This layout has the tabs on the right side of the product image. Using the default layout, if you tend to have a lot of product options for each item, the tabs get pushed down and it creates a void beneath the product image.[/QUOTE]

Any layout change is possible as long as you know what you’re doing when you attempt to change the tpl files and code.

[quote name=‘angel’]

Darius, this is a really great idea! Unfortunately it is impossible to realize this project in the near future, but I will take it into consideration. Hope in future we will be able to realize this idea to its best.

[/QUOTE]

Why don’t you introduce “nested blocks”? Then they could be designed in any manner someone wants. Everything in “layout” becomes a positionable block (the whole page) (use standard div type positions of ‘left’, ‘right’ and ‘clear’) and the styling should be controlled by CSS with the block hierarchy (I.e. class=“block-content-{$block_name} {$block_name}-{$controller}”) so it can be different on a page by page basis. The standard styles.css would only address the class “block-content-{$block_name}”. The controller specific one would be left up to the user to define.

The content (what’s shown within the block) should also be configurable/tailorable based on what context the block is “within”.

So you might have Jessie’s content in a nested block within the ‘main-content’ block for any page. Each red-lined chunk is a separate block that has it’s layout, styling and content controlled by a configuration file or other settings control, No need to limit to a fixed number of columns or other “old style” table-type layout methods.

I would like to see the “out of stock” or “in stock” notification moved to below or beside the product options seclection box.

At the moment, if the default product option is “out of stock” it appears as if the entire product is out of stock, when in actual fact other options for that product may be available. This can be a little confusing for customers.

I guess another possible solution to this problem could be to only show “in stock” options as the default if this is technically possible.

[quote name=‘CathyG’]I would like to see the “out of stock” or “in stock” notification moved to below or beside the product options seclection box.

At the moment, if the default product option is “out of stock” it appears as if the entire product is out of stock, when in actual fact other options for that product may be available. This can be a little confusing for customers.

I guess another possible solution to this problem could be to only show “in stock” options as the default if this is technically possible.[/quote]

I agree.

I use radio buttons for options, and if the first default radio button is out of stock the item appears out of stock unless they try to select another combination. To you and I this makes sense, but most of my users are not that computer savy to understand this.

Moving the stock level NEXT to each radio button, maybe not shown IN STOCK for each radio but definetly OUT OF STOCK for each one that is out of stock.

Currently, if all options are out of stock the item still appears to show as IN STOCK on the product listing page (page before product detail page). I only had my store open for 2 days and 3 people have commented saying they got excited about a product (we can only make so many of them so they go fast) that shows in stock but when they try to order it won’t let them (because each option stock level is at zero now). Not sure if this is a bug or not. Go to this address [URL]http://www.njtackle.com/store/plug-building-supplies/plug-building-kits.html[/URL] and look at DANNY-1 (2nd item). It shows available but when you try to order it completely out of stock. This is confusing to the customer.

I also like the block layout similar to the blocks concept where you can move stuff around. The product details page could use its own setup for customization and applying the blocks concept woudl be incredible.

I’d also like to see ship times field. For example, instead of showing in stock show ship times. Some items can ship within 24 hours. Some items take 3 - 5 days to assemble as raw material to make item is in stock. Other items take 7+ days to get (order from mfg). And then other items are really ‘out of stock’.

Thanks!

I like the idea of the shipping times instead of the stock availability.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I like the idea of the shipping times instead of the stock availability.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I would like the ability to show both if we wanted through an option (The option could have the selections of: Numeric stock, Stock label, Shipping time, or Stock label and Shipping time).

Stock label and Shipping time would look something like:

[COLOR=“SeaGreen”]In Stock[/COLOR]

[COLOR=“DimGray”][SIZE=“1”]Usually ships

in 2 to 4 days[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Where we have the option to use “days” or “hours”, for example 24 to 48 hours. Which can seem “faster” than 1 to 2 days because customer notice the hours rather than days.

For your problem on the product list page showing “Available” when the item is out of stock, that sure looks like a bug to me. I see that a product further down appears a little differently because it shows Out of Stock over to the right. Did you notice that product appears correctly?

I think I just noticed this same or similar issue in my store (2.0.8 version) and will be looking into this further. Mine seems to show a quantity of 1 when looking at List view then when you either refresh the page or go into the Product Details page for that product, the actual correct quantity appears. I’m not sure why this is happening - any thoughts from anyone?

I have tried the 3 detailed product page layouts in the labs section, but cannot find an option without tabs a-la-Amazon. I don’t know if I am misjudging normal visitors, but it seems to me most of them never go through the tabs such as features, reviews, etc.

I think it would be useful to have the option to select a no-tab design.

I think layout 2 is what you want except that it is not listing the tabs as a list (as it can be set in version 2.0.14). You might want to comment on that omission in the labs section.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I like the idea of the shipping times instead of the stock availability.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I like it too. I’m having it included in a mod I’m currently working on - although it should be natively available in CS-Cart.

shipping time is already available. its just a matter of using your creativity and the brain a little:)

change the “in stock” from the languages to whatever the word you want it to say.

In stock - ship in 24 hours

[quote name=‘silverbestbuy’]shipping time is already available. its just a matter of using your creativity and the brain a little:)

change the “in stock” from the languages to whatever the word you want it to say.

In stock - ship in 24 hours[/quote]

Ok. How would I handle the items that are “In Stock - ship 3 to 5 days”?

[quote name=‘silverbestbuy’]shipping time is already available. its just a matter of using your creativity and the brain a little:)

In stock - ship in 24 hours[/QUOTE]

Yes, but with multiple suppliers and product lines it becomes necessary to be able to assign dynamic ship times based on product/supplier/current lead time/etc - a more complete solution would be needed. Although your fix would be effective for stores that can ship everything within a certain period of time.

i was talking about product details page forum, if the forum was for multivendor version then i wouldnt have told anything and i think cscart should consider on making it the way you want it. My suggestion was for people who keeps the stock and sends personally. one stockroom.