Product Details Page Tabs

Hi, Does anyone know how I can change the way that Blocks , Products , Product Details Page Tabs are linked. At present I write directly to the cs cart tables. Now in the table “cscart_block_links /item_ids” I would like to just populate the field with the product codes and not the product_id.

Is there a way to change some php code so the front end will load the Product Details Page Tabs and show the products?

Thanks Daka

You’d have to do your own lookup of a product code (making sure it’s unique) and then using the product_id in your item_ids.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]You’d have to do your own lookup of a product code (making sure it’s unique) and then using the product_id in your item_ids.[/QUOTE]

Thanks tbirnseth, I thought as much. Just trying to short cut it.

Cheers Daka

Be cautious… product_code is not a key or a unique field (though you may want to make it so). I think it’s odd that it’s not a UNIQUE field since it is required for an import and an import actually expects it to be uniuqe. Also, what’s to prevent suppliers from duplicating product_codes? Most people use the manufacturer’s model number in that field so there’s a high liklihood of overlap.