Product data feeds /EDI/REST integration

Hi All,

I’m keen to see how some of you fellow multivendor store owners are adding and maintaining the large amount of product data coming from your vendors.

I have done some searching around on the forum and have seen a few recommend the CSV import/export option though this seems a bit fragile (and manual) to me.

For larger vendors, I am looking at creating REST webservices to provide update functions for products, stock and orders. Of course the vendor would have to do some work on their side as well to utilise these services.

Has anyone achieved this successfully?

Are there any solutions out there for sale?

Can you leverage services such as ICEcat?

Interested in your thoughts…

Ben

Hi Ben

I am developing a new Addon that can read multiple Xmls from the manufacturer and update,open, hide products, categories with images, prices, quantities and description.

I am also taking that a step further and make an Addon for icecat after this is ready.

Fotis

Hi Fotis,

Brilliant. Do you have a working prototype or a timeline for when it will be complete? I'm very interested. I may be able to help you out with some testing/design. I'm a developer myself just not in PHP. I come from an enterprise software (SAP) background and have done similar integrations.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi there

yes I think that till 30th of September there will be a first protoype.

I will thne post in here a demo link and see how it goes.

Fotis

BenMD,

I have done this with our ERP from Tradepoint 360. It's taken a lot of time to work out the quirks but it's getting to a fairly mature stage.

See this thread:

[url=“Questions about CS-CART and management software commercial (ERP/CRM) - Page 2 - General Questions - CS-Cart Community Forums - Page 2”]Questions about CS-CART and management software commercial (ERP/CRM) - Page 2 - General Questions - CS-Cart Community Forums - Page 2

Cheers,