Product Configurator Can't add products

I just started using the configurator addon. I've created product groups, classes, etc… Everything was working fine. I then reorganized my categories and now every time I attempt to add products to groups or classes, the screen goes blank and refreshes back to the dashboard.

Changes not applied. The odd thing is I can delete products.

Steps I've done:

cleaned cache

uninstalled / reinstalled

optimized DB

This appears to work in my preprod store using xampp, which is an exact replica.

Anyone have any ideas?

Any entries in your php error_log file? Could be a pointer there…

This is the error i'm getting:

Cannot use string offset as an array in \var\compiled\admin%%E4^E42^E4252AD1%%mainbox.tpl.php on line 41

Any Ideas… lol I'm sure it's something i'm overlooking.

That error is usually the result of an addon returning from a POST and not redirecting. Hence the navigation array is not setup properly.

If this only happens with the product_configurator addon, then I'd submit it as a bug to cs-cart via the bugtracker. But I would turn off other addons (3rd party) and verify that the problem still exists before you submit the bug report.

I added this in the bug tracker. It appears to be something with 2.2.4. I reverted back to 2.2.3 & 2.2.2 and it works fine.

Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like other addons in 2.2.4 have similar issues. Hopefully this will be resolved in the next update.

Went to add a promotion yesterday and received the same error so I'm assuming it is something in the promotions addon.

I also have problem with product configurator addon in version 2.2.4.

When I add products to a product group the site redirects me to an empty page with title 'Dashboard'

After hitting back button on browser I see that products are not added.

After more carefully look I notice that the bug is shown in add products popup.

Example:

Global Options → Apply to products → Add Product → Select Some products → Hit Add Products or Add Products And Close → Redirect to Empty page with title 'Dashboard'

The above is happens ussing add products in Product Configurator → Groups → Add Products

The site is in development stage on my local computer (localhost) where I use Xampp. If this is helpfull.

This is the solution from cs cart support:

In order to fix this bug on your server you need to replace the following part of the code:

for (id in data) {
data[id].price = parseFloat($('#price_' + id).val());
if (data[id].option.path) {
// We have options, try to find their price modifiers
for (option_id in data[id].option.path) {
variant_id = data[id].option.path[option_id];

with this one:

for (id in data) {
data[id].price = parseFloat($('#price_' + id).val());
if (data[id].option && data[id].option.path) {
// We have options, try to find their price modifiers
for (option_id in data[id].option.path) {
variant_id = data[id].option.path[option_id];

in the func.js file located in the addons/buy_together/js directory.

Don't forget to clear the store chache

you need to log in to your store administration panel and add the ?cc text to the path end in the browser. For example: http://YOUR_DOMAIN/ADMIN_SCRIPT?cc where YOUR_DOMAIN is your domain name and ADMIN_SCRIPT is the name of your admin.php script.

Thanks to cs cart support

It's worked for me