Product Configurator Add-on help please.

Is there a guide for how to use/setup a 'Product Configurator' product? It just seems so confusing. I asked Alt-Team becuase they have a mod that is better called Product packages but it is for CS-Cart 3 version. I have version 2.2.x of CS-Cart.

The CS-Cart reference guide only provides this.

[quote]

[color=#2A2929][size=6]Product configurator[/size][/color]

[list]

[]This article applies to versions:

[
]Professional

[]Multi-Vendor

[
]Ultimate

[/list]

Is everything clear and correct? Click to report an insufficient or poor description

This module enables you to create and sell configurable products in your store.

The add-on has a single configurable setting - Thumbnails width. Here you can set the desired thumbnail width in pixels.

[/quote]

Is there another guide out there that will help show how to setup a configuratble product?

I am wanting to make combo kits which will give you options to add which items you need for your kit. But doing just a bunch of options, it will not deduct the items in the kit from inventory. I am hoping that the configurable product add-on in my CS-Cart 2 will do this.

Thanks!

The KB article for Configurator Settings should guide you through everything you need or similarly take a look at the example configuration. It is also covered in the V2 user manual which you can find here.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1369082646' post='162120']

The KB article for Configurator Settings should guide you through everything you need or similarly take a look at the example configuration. It is also covered in the V2 user manual which you can find here.

[/quote]

Thank you @StellarBytes !!!

I must have been looking in the wrong spots.

Okay, so I have set the configurations, Steps, Groups and Classes … which all seem a little redundant. My goal is to be able to sell “survival kits” that the customer can configure one step at a time. So how do I walk the customer through Step 1, 2, 3 …?

A configured product walks the customer thru the steps itself.

Set up a configured product and you will see that they first select any product that is at step one, then once selected it proceeds to step two, etc. And they can't jump a step IF it is required.

[quote name='afreshup' timestamp='1369923502' post='162730'] Okay, so I have set the configurations, Steps, Groups and Classes … which all seem a little redundant. My goal is to be able to sell “survival kits” that the customer can configure one step at a time. So how do I walk the customer through Step 1, 2, 3 …? [/quote]

Maybe have a pop-up appear on that page when they first go to it and then in the pop-up or modal window it can explain how to walk through it.

[url=“Create a Modal Dialog Using CSS and Javascript - The Raven Blog”]http://raventools.com/blog/create-a-modal-dialog-using-css-and-javascript/[/url]

Or this one is nice which too:

[url=“http://simplemodal.plasm.it/”]http://simplemodal.plasm.it/[/url]

Here is a modal script already to go in Cs-Cart!

[url=“Free Addon: Info Popup for customers - Third-Party Services - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Free Addon: Info Popup for customers - Third-Party Services - CS-Cart Community Forums

You can put the instructions into the configured product's Description as well (if you feel the need to).

You can name the steps instuctionally, e.g. Choose a widget, choose a sub-widget, add a widget accessory (optional), etc

You can add numbers in front of the names of the steps, e.g. 1. Choose a widget, 2. add a widget accessory, etc.

The CSS class of the tabbed step can be formatted to more highlighted/bold when it is active so there is a better indication of which step the customer is on.