Product Attributes Dropdown Error

All the product attributes drop downs on the lists of items are showing up weird (pictures attached). I couldnt find where in the template this problem is being caused.

Once you select an attribute - when the site makes an ajax call - the dropdown is refreshed and appears normal. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Or where I could look to fix it myself? I’m not terribly familiar with some of cs-carts inner workings.

[attachment=4754:Screen shot 2011-12-12 at 9.24.07 AM.png]

[attachment=4755:Screen shot 2011-12-12 at 10.01.53 AM.png]

Screen shot 2011-12-12 at 9.24.07 AM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-12 at 10.01.53 AM.png

The “&” you are seeing is the HTML equivalent of a space.

I assume when you created your product option, you entered the last value as:

36 " x 42 "

The “&” is a common issue in many HTML-generated software packages when a double space is used, hence you will not see it when only one space is used.

Try rename the option value, removing extra spaces if appropriate.

Thanks for the response. That doesn't seem to be the problem however. I double-checked that the options are plain-text - no hidden crazy characters - no extra spaces…made no difference. I went to the database and checked them there. Also just fine there.

The actual text is &…quot;

If they are url_encoded entities it should just be  " correct?

Its like it is trying to print &&&&&&&&&&&&"

Once you select an option the problem goes away for that element until a page refresh - basically what I'm trying to say is when the dropdown is replaced by the ajax call it gets rendered properly.

You're right, my mistake - & relates to the ampersand (&), while space relates to  

With regards to your errors, do you still have this problem if you change to another Skin?

Been a second before I could reply.

Yes the problem persists even if I change skins.

[quote name='duanearnett' timestamp='1327084238' post='129665']

Been a second before I could reply.

Yes the problem persists even if I change skins.

[/quote]

I went to your website and dont see the issue anymore however… when changing drop down options the Loading screen sticks and never finishes to allow me to add anything to my cart.