Problems with Polls

Hello

I seem to be having a few problems with my Polls addon. The main one now is that when I submit an answer and fill in the Capcha form, I get this error: Error: Incorrect or missing confirmation code.

I also find that when it does accept an answer, my site will rendomly go to any page rather than just the homepage.

I anyone has an ideas what might be causing these errors, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Further to my query, it appears to be Captcha that is causing the problems, but I want it on to avoid bots joining in my polls.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful.

Can anyone tell me whether I will get loads of bots spamming my site if I turn Captcha off for my polls?

[quote]Can anyone tell me whether I will get loads of bots spamming my site if I turn Captcha off for my polls?[/quote]

Yes Precious!

And the longer your site has been in existence, the more spam bots will find & attack your forms.

IMVHO, you are better off reducing the number of characters in your Captcha image making it quicker for your legitimate visitors to enter the characters rather than completely disabling it. ;)

Thank you, I thought so. That's why I've always had captcha on.

I've reduced the string to 4 characters. My polls seem to be working with it on now, so I'll see how things go!

One last thing… Does it matter too much if my Captcha string is just numbers or is it better to have a mixture of numbers and characters?

I'm considering making it just numbers to make it even more simple for my legitimate customers. Will it still fool the bots if I do this?

Hello Doddles,

[quote]I’m considering making it just numbers to make it even more simple for my legitimate customers. Will it still fool the bots if I do this?[/quote]

Well, I have been using (4) numerals only in our Captcha image without problems for around two years now.

My thoughts are you can always “tighten it up” if need be, so I prefer to not go overboard to the point where reading the Captcha image turns into solving some freakin puzzle! :D

And who has time for that…I know, the same people that have time to waste their lives “Tweeting” all day! Tweet This! :P

I might just tweet that!

Only joking. Thanks for your help, I’ve now got a very simple 4 digit captcha, in the hope it won’t put my legit customers off :D

[quote name=‘doddles’ timestamp=‘1317632881’ post=‘122834’]

I might just tweet that!

Only joking. Thanks for your help, I’ve now got a very simple 4 digit captcha, in the hope it won’t put my legit customers off :D

[/quote]

Your welcome Doddles,

I went ahead & tweeted the same message to you since I was bored with nothing better to do! ;)