Problems with Paypal Pro setup

I’m working on incorporating Paypal Pro. I haven’t changed the name server yet and am using an IP address.

I setup a Paypal Pro account.

Got the username, password and downloaded the API certificate and uploaded it.

In searching the forums, I found some people saying the API cert should be named:

cert_key_pem.txt

or

api_certificate.pem.txt

I tried both, still doesn’t work.

I tried test mode and live mode and neither work.

The error I get during checkout is:

Your order has been declined by the payment processor. Please review your information and contact store administration.

The payment completion page displays but the error appears above the invoice page.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? Is SSL required? I was planning on installing SSL after I switch over the nameserver as the SSL is based on the domain name and not the IP address.

Never mind. It is working now. I uploaded both named versions of the .txt file and it works now. Not exactly sure which one it is using but it works.

In case anyone is curious, it does not seem that SSL is required. However, it is still a good idea. Customers don’t trust non-SSL sites for submitting sensitive info.

[quote name=‘IdeaDirect’]I’m working on incorporating Paypal Pro. I haven’t changed the name server yet and am using an IP address.

I setup a Paypal Pro account.

Got the username, password and downloaded the API certificate and uploaded it.

In searching the forums, I found some people saying the API cert should be named:

cert_key_pem.txt

or

api_certificate.pem.txt

I tried both, still doesn’t work.

I tried test mode and live mode and neither work.

The error I get during checkout is:

Your order has been declined by the payment processor. Please review your information and contact store administration.

The payment completion page displays but the error appears above the invoice page.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? Is SSL required? I was planning on installing SSL after I switch over the nameserver as the SSL is based on the domain name and not the IP address.

Never mind. It is working now. I uploaded both named versions of the .txt file and it works now. Not exactly sure which one it is using but it works.

In case anyone is curious, it does not seem that SSL is required. However, it is still a good idea. Customers don’t trust non-SSL sites for submitting sensitive info.[/QUOTE]

can you please tell me what you did to get it to work i am getting that same error msg thanks you calvin