Problems with multiple store (Cs-Cart ultimate)

Hi,

I’ve a problem: :?

I’ve just installed a trial version of CS-cart Ultimate.

After installing, I creted two stores by reading Cs-cart tutorial.

Now, I’ve seen that both stores share same categories and products.

For example:

I’m going to create a category under “store1” and the second store (“store2”) has the same category and so on for products…

How Is it possible? :confused:

I need two dfferent stores with different products, category, etc…

Is it possibile with this cs-cart version?

Thank you in advance to whom will help me!

Marco.

Your categories and products must be shared. Go to Products>Categories>Edit (link)>Share. Remove whichever store you don't want.

For all future additions, if you never want to share product data between the sites, in the admin click the 'All Stores' link at the top of the page and select the relevent store you want to add new products for. This will ensure the new product will only be added to that particular store.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1355417728' post='151086']

Your categories and products must be shared. Go to Products>Categories>Edit (link)>Share. Remove whichever store you don't want.

[/quote]

Sorry, but I am not able to find “share” link under Categories->Edit…

Please, can you help me?

Here below there is an attachment.

Thank you…

Marco.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1355417815' post='151088']

For all future additions, if you never want to share product data between the sites, in the admin click the 'All Stores' link at the top of the page and select the relevent store you want to add new products for. This will ensure the new product will only be added to that particular store.

[/quote]

I tested it, but It doesn't work…

I created a category under “sottotest” store (see attachment below…): sottotest is the second store (white first store name is “test”)…, but when I make a preview on storefront here, It appears a 404 error (page not found). At the top of menu you can see “categoria 1” that is the category of first store (not the second…)

Why?

Marco.

Is there anyone who can help me? :confused:

In Ultimate categories are not and can not shared among stores. Only products can be shared. So you definitely have something weird happening. When you create a second store you can copy the categories from a store to the new store, but they are not shared. I have several ultimate stores running and have not encountered your problem.

I would suspect Store A was created and Store B had elements cloned from Store A when it was created.

On the Edit product page, on the General tab. Click 'Add Categories'. Select the relevent category on your other store that you want this product to also be displayed in. Repeat as necessary for product sharing in more than 1 category/store.