Problems v2.04

Something is seriously wrong here. You’d think I was running an early beta but it’s v2.04, straight from the cs-cart helpdesk.

1. “Act on Behalf of” goes to the storefront but doesn’t login to the users account.

2. Any edits to Profile Fields gives:Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/site/public_html/var/compiled/admin/%%E4^E42^E4252AD1%%mainbox.tpl.php on line 53. This happens in other places as well but I can’t remember where.

3. AJAX(Javascript)-based “add to cart” button, doesn’t have any effect, “Add to cart” button still does not redirect to the cart. I checked for ‘db_type’, it is already set to mysql (not mysql41)

4. When a product price is set to zero, (using options for pricing). The price doesn’t show even though the radio button is selected. It does show correctly in the cart but doubles the checkout price (only the Subtotal and Total), then if you “Update” the cart it doubles the prices again. This works perfect in v1.3.5 sp4

Note: With a fresh install I get 500 Internal Server errors due to file permissions (I think this server (managed XEN VPS) runs php as cgi, suEXEC or something like that). I fix the permissions (everything 755/644) and then the script will at least run.

I’ve been working on this thing for days, spent hours searching these forums and about to give up on v2.

I’ve re-installed from scratch, tried tweaking permissions (I think this server runs php as cgi, suEXEC or something like that), clearing cache, deleting compiled files, etc… I’m out of ideas.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. On the same server, none of these problems exist in v1.3.5 sp4 except the Profile Fields and the error is different.

James

I’m not replicating any of these problems…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I’m not replicating any of these problems…[/QUOTE]

Exactly… It seems I’m the only one having these problems.

I’ve installed at least 6 or 7 different carts and they all work fine except CS-Cart v2.x. Even Magento works, yuck!

I’m missing some setting on our server or something. No error logs except that Profiles thing.

it’s no doubt a server issue but what the issue is I have no idea, post the server details…

Can you confirm that you’re reinstalled for each new version of cs-cart installed? The databases are supposed to be compatible between version but I’m not too sure.

Jesse

I definately can confirm that all these problems exist on a fresh brand new, installed from scratch, new db, unzipped on the server installs.

I did run the 2.04 update on one site and it came up with 500 Internal server errors, to my knowledge, this server (and many others) cannot use 777 and 666. Everything must be 755 and 644.

I put in a support ticket and here’s the rundown so far…

1. “Act on Behalf of”… This is must be a problem with my server. Working with server admins but so far no resolution.

2. Profile Fields errors… must be my server as v1.3.5 does it too but not as bad.

3. Redirect to cart… this is the default action of v2, they gave me a change that now redirects to the cart after clicking add to cart.

4. When a product price is set to zero, (using options for pricing)… This is a confirmed bug. Support gave me the code to fix it and I’m sure it will be fixed with the next release.

So now I’ve only got two problems to deal with, number 1 and 2. It’s my understanding that this server can not use 777 and 666 permissions, but it appears that cs must use 777 and 666.

Here’s php info if any one cares to take a look:

[url]http://dev1.eplanetdesign.com/phpinfo.php[/url]

Thanks

James

Im not a server guy but I havent seen Suhosin Extension 0.9.27 installed on many servers.

Could this be a possible conflict?

Just throwing out ideas…guesses.

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]Im not a server guy but I havent seen Suhosin Extension 0.9.27 installed on many servers.

Could this be a possible conflict?

Just throwing out ideas…guesses.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the idea

We’ve gone as far as to recompiled the server, by comparing phpinfo, from a server that CS-Cart works perfect on. Suhosin is not running and many other changes… still have the same problems. errrrr. There’s something I’m missing, some little setting or something.

Care to share the URL so others can see the realtime errors?

or is it [url]http://dev1.eplanetdesign.com/[/url]

??

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]Care to share the URL so others can see the realtime errors?

or is it [url]http://dev1.eplanetdesign.com/[/url]

??[/QUOTE]

Yes that’s a test site but you can’t tell much by just going to the site as the errors happen in admin.

ETInteractive, you will be happy to know that Suhosin was the problem! I thought they already disabled it but I guess not.

Many thanks to everyone that replied.

James

[quote]

3. AJAX(Javascript)-based “add to cart” button, doesn’t have any effect, “Add to cart” button still does not redirect to the cart. I checked for ‘db_type’, it is already set to mysql (not mysql41)

[/quote]

You do know that the button simply adds the item to the cart and does not take the user to the cart by design, don’t you. The goal is to keep them shopping. The ‘Cart’ image (mini-cart) will change when there are items in the cart and show the total number of items.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]You do know that the button simply adds the item to the cart and does not take the user to the cart by design, don’t you. The goal is to keep them shopping. The ‘Cart’ image (mini-cart) will change when there are items in the cart and show the total number of items.[/QUOTE]

I understand and agree with it completely but my products are a bit different. A simple mod, now works as needed.

Thanks

Glad it got worked out.

I’m not as dumb as Jesse looks LOL :o:p