Problem with trial install

I am having some problems getting the trial to install on my site.

I have followed the instructions to the letter including setting file permissions and at the point of install I get:

! Error Can’t create database. Please check user permissions or create it manually.

Do you have to have a (SSL) Certificates installed / a secure server host name to be able to install the CS cart trial?

I ask because I am assuming the lack thereof is the reason that the install will not proceed, also it does not seem to be a listed requirement?

[url]https://www.cs-cart.com/requirements.html[/url]

TIA

No, you do not have to have SSL.

Did you create a database on your server?

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]No, you do not have to have SSL.

Did you create a database on your server?[/QUOTE]

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes database created and all OK at the Checking requirements stage,

Permissions set via FTP including subdirectories and files and I set them again just in case any were missed the first time round.

OK I sorted it out my problem was the MySQL user name and data base name, has to be ‘accountname_username’ and ‘accountname_databasename’

Cheers

I am having this same problem. I get the error “Error Can’t create database. Please check user permissions or create it manually.”.

I have created the database on the server:

MySQL server host: localhost

MySQL database name: cscart

MySQL user: root

MySQL password: password

This is exactly how I enter the data in the form. I am able to connect to the database via the MySql client using the root account. Is this not how you need to enter the data in the form?

Did you not read the post before yours?

MySQL server host: localhost

MySQL database name: [COLOR=“Red”]accountname_[/COLOR]cscart

MySQL user: [COLOR=“Red”]accountname_[/COLOR]root

MySQL password: password

Yes, I did read that post. I’m not sure what you mean by accountname. This is a windows install.

I am not familiar with windows but generally the accountname/username is what you use to login to your server. It is also used for your file structure i.e. user/home/…

I was finally able to figure this out. The problem was with the server host name. On this server PHP was not able to connect to the database using localhost: I switched “localhost” to “127.0.0.1:3306” and it worked.

For future reference the MySql error code was 2002 and the message was “A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”

On windows you don’t need to append the username to the database and user names. For some reason PHP needs a different server host name. I was able to connect to the database using “localhost” using other clients.

Thanks.