Problem with slow cscart version 3.0.4

I got better performance from file cache method than from database method, but I'm not using SQLite.

Is there really a performance benefit switching from mySQL to mySQLi?

[quote name='Struck' timestamp='1361312167' post='155857']

I believe the issue with the SQLITE error messages was fixed in 2.2.5 onward.

I believe Tbirnseth mentioned awhile back that the “File” cache method has also been improved for 3.xx versions, and I have also noticed a major performance improvement vs past experience using the Files method while experimenting in 3.0.5

[/quote]

I upgraded a store I could never get rid of SQLite errors from which was running 2.2.4, upgraded the live store to 2.2.5. No more errors using SQLite. Installed V3 and there is very little in it in comparing V2.2.5 with SQLite and V3 with File cache methods. V3 with SQLite, however, is a significant enough improvement to warrant installing SQLite in my case. File cache method appears to be significantly better in V3 than V2 when using the Basic skin in both versions, with the same data on both sites loaded to the front end.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1361314218' post='155861']

I got better performance from file cache method than from database method, but I'm not using SQLite.

Is there really a performance benefit switching from mySQL to mySQLi?

[/quote]

MySQLi is more secure and provides better performance. Security alone is a good enough reason to use MySQLi. It certainly won't harm your site - I've tested the differences between various CS-Cart setups and different hosts and noticed nothing but positive reasons for using mySQLi.

Thanks man. I made the switch to mySQLi.