Problem with order

Customer placed order A (example order #1014) made checkout as a guest, paid order became processed.

Few minutes after she made another order B but decided to register in checkout paid, order became processed and order B number is same #1014, previous order is gone. Both orders A and B sent same order #1014 is now processed but in admin panel I see just one order made by registered user. All this happened in 15min interval no orders in between.

Has anyone experienced anything similar???

No,not really experienced that. I’ve seen orders come through with absolutely no customer data or product data.

It sounds like the ‘cart’ was not removed from the SESSION when the first order completed and that it saw the 2nd order as a re-order of the first…

Just a guess.

Not sure how to reproduce this but one order was overwritten with another, first guest second registered same details.

Hi Darius,

I've had this problem many times and have reported it on numerous occasions. The support ticket has been open since August 22! The latest overwriting happened only yesterday. So far, no one has come up with a solution. After the last upgrade, I was disappointed to see it was still happening.

One thing I've noticed is that it only seems to occur when the customer is paying with Paypal. Have you noticed this too?

[quote name='Gracefruit' timestamp='1317463233' post='122730']

Hi Darius,

I've had this problem many times and have reported it on numerous occasions. The support ticket has been open since August 22! The latest overwriting happened only yesterday. So far, no one has come up with a solution. After the last upgrade, I was disappointed to see it was still happening.

One thing I've noticed is that it only seems to occur when the customer is paying with Paypal. Have you noticed this too?

[/quote]

Yea with paypal. Luckily it happens very rare when customer place more then one order in 24hrs.

We've noticed that it occurs when the customer places two orders within an hour or so. I am wondering if this is a CS Cart problem or a Paypal problem.

[quote name='Gracefruit' timestamp='1317478797' post='122740']

We've noticed that it occurs when the customer places two orders within an hour or so. I am wondering if this is a CS Cart problem or a Paypal problem.

[/quote]

I think its cart problem, probably not clearing cart after order is made.

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1307983497' post='114892']

Customer placed order A (example order #1014) made checkout as a guest, paid order became processed.

Few minutes after she made another order B but decided to register in checkout paid, order became processed and order B number is same #1014, previous order is gone. Both orders A and B sent same order #1014 is now processed but in admin panel I see just one order made by registered user. All this happened in 15min interval no orders in between.

Has anyone experienced anything similar???

[/quote]

Please try a fix from the bugtracker: http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-2741-paypal-orders-data-is-re-written/

[quote name='Gracefruit' timestamp='1317478797' post='122740']

[/quote]

Our support department will answer you very soon. Your problem is described in the bugracker: http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-2741-paypal-orders-data-is-re-written/