Problem With Clients Applying For Vendor

Hello, a client wrote to me today. she says he has a client account, and tried to aply for Vendor and there is an error saying the email or user already exists. I checked, there is no store or Vendor administrator with the email, but she is registered as a user.

Is this normal?

Hello, a client wrote to me today. she says he has a client account, and tried to aply for Vendor and there is an error saying the email or user already exists. I checked, there is no store or Vendor administrator with the email, but she is registered as a user.

Is this normal?

HI ,

Yes it is normal as per cscart.

if you need to resolve this then some code modification will be required . you can contact at support@webkul.com

you can look at this addon also (working for vendor registration as well as) : http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/site-management/user-actviation-by-mail.html?sl=en

Yes we also want solution for this user can't need to able ''Apply for vendor'' account if he/she already register email id as a user/buyer account

Please contact to Webkul.

If you do not find a solution, feel free to contact us

Please contact to Webkul.

Hello Dear Vivek we already buy user activation by email addon from webkul but right now problem is same mention by mdevia in this post

''Hello, a client wrote to me today. she says he has a client account, and tried to apply for Vendor and there is an error saying the email or user already exists. I checked, there is no store or Vendor administrator with the email, but she is registered as a user.''

So any solution for it ??

Hello Dear Vivek we already buy user activation by email addon from webkul but right now problem is same mention by mdevia in this post

''Hello, a client wrote to me today. she says he has a client account, and tried to apply for Vendor and there is an error saying the email or user already exists. I checked, there is no store or Vendor administrator with the email, but she is registered as a user.''

As a quick solution you can change the customer's E-mail to previous_email+customer@example.com and register vendor as previous_email@example.com. Then all messages will be sent to one account.

I have found that if a registered user is logged in, then they can apply for vendor. But they have to be logged in first.

If they try to apply for vendor without login in, then you get the error their email already exists in the database.

Maybe the solution is to hide the apply for vendor form for not registered users...and then make it visible after they have registered and are logged in...Any thoughts.

I am not agree with the URL hiding. In this case you can loose potential vendors. If you do not want to make additional code changes, just change the text of notification about existent e-mail. Inform your customers that if they have already customer account in your store, they should contact you to become vendor.

I am not agree with the URL hiding. In this case you can loose potential vendors. If you do not want to make additional code changes, just change the text of notification about existent e-mail. Inform your customers that if they have already customer account in your store, they should contact you to become vendor.

Hi eCom Labs, thank you for the suggestion. that is a good idea, I also thought of creating a block in the top bar like something like this:

{if $auth.user_type=="V"}
Nothing shows up here
{elseif $auth.user_id}
Apply for vendor form link
{else}
Register first to become a vendor link
{/if}

This error usually comes when someone made a purchase from your site as an anonymous user. Their email was saved in the orders. When the new vendor application is made, the system looks for conflicts with the email address (users and orders) and if it exists in users, it prompts them to login. If in orders, it sees it as a conflict.

Hi eCom Labs, thank you for the suggestion. that is a good idea, I also thought of creating a block in the top bar like something like this:

Good idea. Note that SMARTY blocks were cached before 4.3.7