Previous And Next Product Mod W/ SEO Links

I did the modification, placed it right under the item image.

Nothing changes. I continue having the same problem with the addition that the arrows right under the image look very weird, I do not like them there.

But, hey, if having the arrows under the picture solutions the problem, I’d be glad to leave them there but the problem continues.

For example, take a look at this:

[url]http://www.electrogeneral.com/videocamara/videocamaras-digitales/minidv.html[/url]

When you go there you can see there are many mini dvd camcorders, right?

Well, click on the 1st image, then next, nect, next and that’s it. you will be able to click next just 4 times, no more.

I have no clue why this happens.:frowning:

note: I have checked and double checked luckdragon’s instructions and cofirmed everythng was added ok thanks to your attached files, Lee Li Pop. Everything is added ok and where it should be in all the corresponding files.

[quote name=‘mirnitagl’]I did the modification, placed it right under the item image.

Nothing changes. I continue having the same problem with the addition that the arrows right under the image look very weird, I do not like them there.

But, hey, if having the arrows under the picture solutions the problem, I’d be glad to leave them there but the problem continues.

For example, take a look at this:

[url]http://www.electrogeneral.com/videocamara/videocamaras-digitales/minidv.html[/url]

When you go there you can see there are many mini dvd camcorders, right?

Well, click on the 1st image, then next, nect, next and that’s it. you will be able to click next just 4 times, no more.

I have no clue why this happens.:frowning:

note: I have checked and double checked luckdragons instructions and then conform everythng was added ok thanks to your attached files, Lee Li Pop. Everything is added ok and where it should be in all the corresponding files.[/QUOTE]

Hello Mirnitagl,

I’m not a PHP programmer, I’m sorry.

Maybe Luckdragon could help you.

I can help you only on CSS…

Try to change this:

.product-description {
display: table;
padding: 0px 1px 1px 1px;
border: 1px solid #ffffff;
}

With this:

.product-description {
clear:right;float:left
}

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘customfx’]

How can this be linked to the next level up in the breadcrumb (ie the parent category)?[/QUOTE]

Hello Greg,

I’m sorry, I don’t know.

I am not a PHP programmer…

Maybe Luckdragon could help you too…

Sorry,

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]Try to change this:

.product-description {
}

With this:

.product-description {
clear:right;float:left
}

[/QUOTE]

sorry, in which file?

With CSS stuff, you can specify it externally in another file (styles.css) or you can specify it inline. The table we are using already has some css inline, so we can just simply change that.

So to fix your problem, we can play with the CSS in the table.

Remove the width as shown in red.

[QUOTE]

#72AAFF;height:15px”>

{if ($previous.product_id!=0 && $previous.product_id!='')}{$previous.product}{/if}

{if ($next.product_id!=0 && $next.product_id!='')}{$next.product}{/if}

[/QUOTE]

Do you want the words as shown on one of my sites?:

[url]http://www.sharedmemories.com.au/product-type/timber-albums-for-special-occasions/Timber-Photo-Album-Slatted-Medium-Or-Large.html[/url]

If so...

[QUOTE]

{if ($previous.product_id!=0 && $previous.product_id!='')}{$previous.product}{/if}[COLOR="Red"] Previous Product [/COLOR] {if ($next.product_id!=0 && $next.product_id!='')}{$next.product}{/if}[COLOR="Red"] Next Product [/COLOR]
[/QUOTE]

Note that I have changed the arrows to suit myself. I also decided to use the light grey background rather than the border.

Ok next...position.

In your /skins/your_skin/customer/products_pages/product_details.tpl try putting the table code right before:

[QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

I suggest you may need line break/s before and after to tidy it up (spacing)

[QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

It's not perfect yet, but this is a start. I hope this helps a bit.

Just remember to backup any files before you change them.

Cheers,
Greg

Thank you, Greg, for participating. I appreciate your advices.

I have now moved again the arrows to the place where I like them to be: before the image and not after. Like I said before I think that those arrows right below the image may lead to think it’s for more pictures of the same image.

I do not mind leaving 100% nor do I mind leaving the border, though I think your soft grey background is really elegant.

My biggest problem is not style but the fact the arrows do not work ok in my site. I mean, I’m truly interested in solving more the function rather than the look.

Go to this item, for example:

[url]http://www.electrogeneral.com/pantalla-de-plasma-50pfp5532-50-pulgadas-127-cm-16-9-hd-ready-tdt-hdmi-x2.html[/url]

Why did the arrows disappear when there are more than 20 items in that subcategory to show? If you go to any other category, you’ll see there are say 50 products listed yet when you start clicking in the next arrow you’ll have to stop in the 4th or 5th.

Can anyone tell me why this happens? maybe I misunderstood the whole mod’s idea and it is suppose to show only the next 5 items. If not so, if I understood it right and it is supposed to show all the next or previous items may they be 3 or 50, then the mod is not working well in my site. :frowning:

Note: Greg, I love your most search section, how did you do that? That’s very search engine friendly, I like it.

Hi,

I found it that category, the first two had no arrows. I tried all on the first page and they were ok, I had a look at the second page and they seemed ok for the ones I looked at. Thats mad! Why the first two don’t I’m not sure. Are they in multiple categories? Which category is the primary category for those two. Are they the only items in their primary categories Maybe it’s related to that? You may have to dig around. I wish I knew the answer!

As far as the Most Searched, I’ll reply to to in another post later :slight_smile:

Thank you, Greg, for taking the time to look into my site.

Yes, like you say it’s really mad and no, those products were all in the same category.

I do have something that may be causing this “rareness”: my products are added thru a cron job script that is updated every 24h. It may have something to do with it or it may not, I’m not sure.

This is just a crazy idea but maybe the order of the products internally (as they’re added thru a csv) is not the same order we see when displyed in the product list, so we may be expecting many items after the product when it may be the last product in the list. However, even if the product we select is the last one in a list, it should at least have a “previous arrow” If it is the 1st, a “next arrow” but why some of my products do not show any arrows at all?

It makes my head burn :evil: :stuck_out_tongue:

Just an idea, maybe i need a "closed circuit " , I need to have all products with a next product or a previous one, no ends. Unless of course I have only one product in a category, which it’s extremely rare in my store:rolleyes:

Greg, as for the most search, I have seen sth similar in other stores and I like it so much, if I’m not mistaken cs-cart 2.0 will include sth similar, though I’ve heard the new version won’t be stable in a long time.

Cool addon but not quite elegant.

well, I called it a “patch” myself and patches are not elegant; however given the fact I know nothing about coding, css or any related matter and nobody else has given a solution to this serious problem (elegant or not) I’m very satisfied with my cripple fix :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello Mirnitagl,

Maybe your URLs are too long for CS-Cart…

[url]http://hiox.org/index.php?id=425[/url]

Lee Li Pop

Lee Li pop, I’m sorry, I had not seen your reply. I’m not getting email notifications for new post subscribed and my settings are ok, so I do not reall y understand what happens.

As for your comment, you are right, but how can i shorten this automatically without interfering with my 24h updated script? The seo name is automatically created with the product name, may this be short or long, and all that depends on the info in the supplier csv.

It also looks awful in listmania “sugested products” some items have a long name and others a short one, as a result the 2-product column looks uneven, but it’s the same problem, I do not know how to shorten this without making a mess.

isn’t there a command called “truncate” or something for this cases? uffff, I wish I were a coder!!!

Hello Mirnitagln

I’m not a coder, but I used many CMS and cart before. Some of them have a function to short long description as:

[description:long:64 character]

Maybe, you can do same with your URLs.

Sorry, I’m not a coder…

Lee Li Pop

Lee li pop, For not being a coder you have contributed greatly in this forum with useful codes.

I can always try your suggestion, and now comes my dumb question:

where exactly do i place that code?:confused:

Hello Mirnitagl,

I should try to edit this file:

/addons/seo/[COLOR=“Red”]func.php[/COLOR]

And I should to put this “cutting” function just [COLOR=“#ff0000”]BEFORE[/COLOR] this line (around line #60):

$seo_name = $seo_name .'.html';

Something like this:

$seo_name = substr("$seo_name", 0, 64);

64 is maximum length of your URL.

[url]http://fr3.php.net/manual/es/function.substr.php[/url]

I didn’t test it!

I’m NOT a coder!

Lee Li Pop

[QUOTE]I’m NOT a coder![/QUOTE]

Sure looks like code to me… :wink:

Hello Mirnitagl,

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]

Something like this:

$seo_name = substr("$seo_name", 0, 64);

64 is maximum length of your URL. [/QUOTE]

I’m really NOT a coder!

This solution doesn’t work…

Too simple :frowning:

I’m bad.

Lee Li Pop

What about Prev Next mode for CS-Cart 2.0?

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]Hello Mirnitagl,

I’m really NOT a coder!

This solution doesn’t work…

Too simple :frowning:

I’m bad.

Lee Li Pop[/QUOTE]

you’re good and also a good person :wink:

Thanks for trying to help. It is much appreciate it.

Lee Li Pop and Luckdragon:

Thanks for all of your work on this mod. It works great in 1.3.5-4.