Prevent Skin being changed during upgrade v2.1

Hi,

I have just upgraded to the New CS-Cart Branch 2.1 Release.

How do you prevent it from rewriting over the skin that you have been modifying for the past month :mad:

I’m now back to square one

Have a backup of it and reapply your changes. You can view the changes in the upgrade center.

You can’t add or change a bunch of features without the skin being changed.

Changes like the checkout process changes quite a few files alone.

You just have to reapply your changes. If you used the “My Changes” addon than this shouldn’t take you very long.

Brandon

site is not online yet and im still counting with 5 hours done after update

This is correct, i know it is a huge pain as i have just upgraded one of our stores for a customer yesterday and still continuing to redo all the template changes! Nice new features but coming across many bugs!

yeah like used to have path in $category_path_id with the full path of id

example 3/45/74 so i knew if i was in category 45 or 74 i was in a tree branch…

so i could hide /show the category root

category plain was used and modded…

so i can show only current branch on the left not the whole damn 4599 category branches…

any other way ?

.BIKE

…blue

…2 wheels

…3 wheels

…red

.CARS

…blue

…red

i want to show the root and child of BIKES only when in either blue or 2 wheels or 3 wheels…of that root

When you upgrade, your modified files are automatically backed up in /var/upgrade/{VERSION}/backup. The files with modifications are listed in the Upgrade Center, and you can use the ‘Changes’ link to view differences.

[quote name=‘grayloon’]When you upgrade, your modified files are automatically backed up in /var/upgrade/{VERSION}/backup. The files with modifications are listed in the Upgrade Center, and you can use the ‘Changes’ link to view differences.[/QUOTE]

Great Advice :smiley: