Precautions To Upgrade Cs-Cart Multi Store Front

At first the very best for 2015 to all here at the CS-Cart community.

My first forum question for 2015 is related to upgrading. At the moment I have a CS-Cart installation - multi-store front setup based on CS-Cart V4.1.5 and I want to upgrade to the latest stable version. I have also installed several CS-Cart addons from several developers:

eCom Labs

Cart Power

Webgraphiq

Alt Team

HungryWeb

CS-Cart Rocks

and a few others which name I have not mentioned here.

All great addons that truly make our store so much better, however some are installed based on the version of our current V4.1.x setup and not a later V4.2.x

What would you recommend as precaution. Should I at first uninstall these addons before following the upgrade wizard (PS i have already made backups of both the content of my home directory and the database) or can I proceed without.

Kind regards

Anthony

Anthony,

Just my 2-cents worth.

We are at 4.1.3 and also want to upgrade and also have many add-ons. But we have decided to hold off with upgrading until version 4.3.1 is released. That release is promising some important changes to Options & Variants which to us is very important. See, for example, [url=“Api And Access To Products Combinations Stock Value... - Developers' Corner - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Api And Access To Products Combinations Stock Value... - Developers' Corner - CS-Cart Community Forums

Last I checked this version (4.3.1) is due to be released end of January or probably sometime in February

Regards,

Olof

Dear Anthony,

I suggest you to make a copy of your store and try to upgrade the copy at first. It will show you if it is required to disable any add-ons. In most cases modules developed for 4.1.x versions are compatible with 4.2.x

[quote name='Olof' timestamp='1420552024' post='201763'] Anthony, Just my 2-cents worth. We are at 4.1.3 and also want to upgrade and also have many add-ons. But we have decided to hold off with upgrading until version 4.3.1 is released. That release is promising some important changes to Options & Variants which to us is very important. See, for example, [url=“Api And Access To Products Combinations Stock Value... - Developers' Corner - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Api And Access To Products Combinations Stock Value... - Developers' Corner - CS-Cart Community Forums Last I checked this version (4.3.1) is due to be released end of January or probably sometime in February Regards, Olof [/quote]

Olof

Can't you shed some details other than this ? This link you give does not quite make want to wait for that release.

It already is some cumbersome to work with a theme like Buyshop, which by itself in my opinion is one of the best looking themes I have seen for any platform.

Can't you share some more “secrets” ?

Regards

Anthony

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1420554858' post='201774'] Dear Anthony, I suggest you to make a copy of your store and try to upgrade the copy at first. It will show you if it is required to disable any add-ons. In most cases modules developed for 4.1.x versions are compatible with 4.2.x [/quote]

Thanks guys,

I will wait just now for Olof to share some more details on V4.3.1.

Right now that on-site editing for instance is looking quite good to me as it is.

PS I will drop you guys a PM when I need you.

Thanks

Hi Anthony,

I wish I knew more. Only extra info I have/found is the Uservoice item but you might have found it yourself already:

Total Import on Product Options/Variants/Combinations:

[url=“https://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/134344-cs-cart/suggestions/1587923-product-options-variants-combinations-total-import”]https://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/134344-cs-cart/suggestions/1587923-product-options-variants-combinations-total-import[/url]

API access to Product Variants/Combinations:

[url=“https://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/134344-cs-cart/suggestions/6556111-api-enable-access-to-products-variants-combinati”]https://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/134344-cs-cart/suggestions/6556111-api-enable-access-to-products-variants-combinati[/url]

Even with such brevity of information we choose to wait for it. Simply because the current situation regarding Import of Product Options/Variants/Combinations is #$@! when you try to exchange data with our ERP system. Without spending a fortune on custom development… So our assumption is that any change in that area is bound to be an improvement…naive perhaps?

Regards,

Olof

[quote name='Olof' timestamp='1420568852' post='201801']

Hi Anthony,

I wish I knew more. Only extra info I have/found is the Uservoice item but you might have found it yourself already:

Without spending a fortune on custom development… So our assumption is that any change in that area is bound to be an improvement…naive perhaps?

Regards,

Olof

[/quote]

Hi Olof,

Well I understand your point of view. I fully agree that in case you already have a proprietary ERP then it might be wiser to wait. As in my / our case in point. We do not really work with a ERP system. In most cases as company based in The Netherlands we do not work with accounting software that has a interface with CS-Cart. If we were on let's say “Magento” then perhaps or when you are able to work with something like QuickBooks (I believe US only) then you most certainly may wish to wait or… if I am not mistaken, there already exist an addon that would allow CS-Cart to link to QuickBooks.

At any rate I do plan to go forward as planned and when V4.3.1 is made available I will check again if it will be worth to upgrade then.

Thank for the input nonetheless.

Best regards

Anthony

Post deleted…