Pre-sale questions

1. How customizable is the code?

I have not really done that much customization, so I really cannot answer this question.

2. Can a customer to my store purchase without logging in?

Yes you can purchase without loggin, this is one of the main reason I switch to CS-Cart.

3. Does the cart do inventory control, including email notification when products are low or sold out?

The software does have inventory control, you will get an email when inventory is low.

[quote name=‘Tony’]I am deciding between cs-cart and pinnacle cart - leaning towards cs cart because of price. Several questions:

Thanks!

Tony[/quote]

As customisable as you want it to be so long as you know the Smarty template system and have some html and css knowledge.

Sadly all the skins are currently riddled with tables so its going to take a lot of effort to convert the skins to tableless.

[quote name=‘Tony’]I am deciding between cs-cart and pinnacle cart - leaning towards cs cart because of price. Several questions:

2. Can a customer to my store purchase without logging in?
  3. Does the cart do inventory control, including email notification when products are low or sold out?

Thanks!

Tony[/quote]I haven’t followed Pinnacle Cart for a while, so I’m not really sure about their current product, but I have no regrets at all with switching to CS-Cart.

As to your questions;
  4. Completely. You can’t customize the demo version, but you get all the files with the live version. Take a look at the carts from any of the folks around here and you won’t find two that look alike.
  5. Yes.
  6. Yes.

Additionally, there are a bunch of mod’s produced by members that really enhance the cart. Most are free, a few are available at very reasonable prices. As far as I know, not one customer has regretted buying the cart.

Cheers,

[quote name=‘MikeK’]I haven’t followed Pinnacle Cart for a while, so I’m not really sure about their current product, but I have no regrets at all with switching to CS-Cart.

As to your questions;

1. Completely. You can’t customize the demo version, but you get all the files with the live version. Take a look at the carts from any of the folks around here and you won’t find two that look alike.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes.

Additionally, there are a bunch of mod’s produced by members that really enhance the cart. Most are free, a few are available at very reasonable prices. As far as I know, not one customer has regretted buying the cart.

Cheers,[/quote]

Ill second that, customisation is easy and theres more than enough of us on here to help you out if need be, not to mention a wealth of posts already for such that !