Pre order questions

Hello everybody

I have a PHP version 5.4.x installed on my server. Today i download trial version of CS cart which is version 3.0.5 but can't install it. In minimum requirements somewhere on your site it says than version 5.1 to 5.3 is supported but i think in .pdf file it says that PHP version 5.1 and up are supported.

I tried to install it on a local PC where i have PHP version 5.3 and once installed i uploaded the database and files to my server. I changed config.local file turn off error reporting and it looks like it's worked. Root page and categories pages works ok but once i tried to open a product page it loads very slowly and product page was displayed without header and footer. Is there any workaround to install a trial on php version 5.4.x and check how it work etc.? Hope that problems with product page was at least related with php version then? I was unable to access product page in admin and also on store front.

Version 5.1.1 will support PHP 5.4.x? When do you think version 5.1.1 will be out and ready? It's a little bit annoying to purchase another VPS or something like that to install CS cart and later when new CS cart will be out i need to update it and sooner or later also update PHP version or move CS cart to my current server again and update just CS cart. Not sure if it worked what i changed and customize till then and i hope i will not do my job twice then. I am new to CS cart so not familiar with updating process and updating process when you change and customize the design etc.

[quote name='Milch' timestamp='1359025323' post='153518']

Hello everybody

I have a PHP version 5.4.x installed on my server. Today i download trial version of CS cart which is version 3.0.5 but can't install it. In minimum requirements somewhere on your site it says than version 5.1 to 5.3 is supported but i think in .pdf file it says that PHP version 5.1 and up are supported.

I tried to install it on a local PC where i have PHP version 5.3 and once installed i uploaded the database and files to my server. I changed config.local file turn off error reporting and it looks like it's worked. Root page and categories pages works ok but once i tried to open a product page it loads very slowly and product page was displayed without header and footer. Is there any workaround to install a trial on php version 5.4.x and check how it work etc.? Hope that problems with product page was at least related with php version then? I was unable to access product page in admin and also on store front.

Version 5.1.1 will support PHP 5.4.x? When do you think version 5.1.1 will be out and ready? It's a little bit annoying to purchase another VPS or something like that to install CS cart and later when new CS cart will be out i need to update it and sooner or later also update PHP version or move CS cart to my current server again and update just CS cart. Not sure if it worked what i changed and customize till then and i hope i will not do my job twice then. I am new to CS cart so not familiar with updating process and updating process when you change and customize the design etc.

[/quote]

Have a look in the config.php file for this:

// Uncomment this line if you experience problems with mysql5 server (disables strict mode)

//define('MYSQL5', true);

Well i figure out something and so far it looks like it works. I did this:

• in /prepare.php file i change this line from: define('MAX_PHP_VERSION', '5.4.0'); to: define('MAX_PHP_VERSION', '5.5.0');

(so it's doesn't throw out error that PHP version is not compatible)
  • in config.local i set this: error_reporting(error_reporting() & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);

and comment this:

// Disable notices displaying
//error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);
/*if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.3.0', '>=')) {
error_reporting(error_reporting() & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);
}*/

I know it's not really a solution but so far at least it works. If you turn on error reporting it displays some errors (warnings) on top but it works.

As soon as i import 1000 products from CSV and try to visit one product page on front page was just blank. I opened a soruce code and saw that HTML loads till this line:

So nothing was really visible there was just some HTML and a white blank page. Then i remembered than i changed something in admin panel so i did this:

• turn off “required items (products)” add on in Admin > Add ons

(with this add on and with just a few products in my store product page kind of works but there was a tab “Required products” and almost all products was listed there not sure why.) Product page loads slowly then but looks strange because there were no tab but this “required products” was just listed under product description. Product page has no footer and header and it was full width.
  • set ini_set('memory_limit', '256M'); in config.local as well

So far it works even on PHP 5.4.6 (ubuntu) also product page works as it should and speed iand loading time are decent. Have 1000 products with custom options inside and so far so good.