Power of Cs-Cart 3 Ultimate Design Blocks and CSS

I just wanted to share three sites I just finished using Ultimate. All share the same products and all are using the default template. All have zero modifications to any cs-cart files except the style.css file. With just modifying the style.css and using the new Block Designer I was able to create three distinctive looking sites all selling the same products. Each site took less than two days to put together. Now I am working on my fourth.

www.lewiestanning.com/

www.tanningsalonlotion.com/

www.affordabletanninglotion.com/

No reason to purchase any templates for cs-cart version 3. Everything you need is included in the default template. The rest is your imagination.

David

[quote name=‘Triplets’ timestamp=‘1350592933’ post=‘147293’]

I just wanted to share three sites I just finished using Ultimate. All share the same products and all are using the default template. All have zero modifications to any cs-cart files except the style.css file. With just modifying the style.css and using the new Block Designer I was able to create three distinctive looking sites all selling the same products. Each site took less than two days to put together. Now I am working on my fourth.

www.lewiestanning.com/

No reason to purchase any templates for cs-cart version 3. Everything you need is included in the default template. The rest is your imagination.

David

[/quote]

Thanks for sharing your valuable insight regarding 3.xx

So far, I have only just taken a couple of quick peeks at Version 3 and have not had any sense of urgency to start upgrading from 2.2.5, however, your comments & examples make version 3 look quite promising, and even more so after the merging process between versions is completed & stabilized. ;-)

Couple of key words there: “completed and stabilized”. Seems that those words always get missed in favor of “new functionality” that is then not “completed and stabilized”… Hopefully 3.1 will provide the completeness and stability we are all looking for.

David, thank you for sharing your experience! The result is great taking into account the amount of time it took you.

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1350592933' post='147293']

www.lewiestanning.com/

David

[/quote]

Hi David,

How did you do the 'Brands' dropdown menu for the site: www.lewiestanning.com/ ?

Kind Regards,

James

I created a category called Brands. Then I created subcategories underneath it for the Alphabet. Then I placed subcategories under the Alphabet for the actual product brands. In cs-cart 3, subcategories to subcategories are broken out like that in dropdown menus by default.