Possible to have multiple sites but only 1 databse?

I was exactly thinking how to use a simple database (just 1) to manage 2 stores and I see this discussion.

I think this will be a very good way to manage 2 or 3 different stores with one database.

I think it can not hav e EXACTLY the same database, because each store has its own costumers.

Example: client A buy in store 1.

He will not want to receive e-mail from store2 because he doesn’t know store2. He’s never bought there.

I think the NEW DEVELOPMENT project will need to have the same database to PRODUCTS and CATEGORIES. Not clients.

Each store needs to have its own clients.

So, you can create a new SKIN for each store, but you will not need to ADMINISTRATE all database products for each store you have. You will have just one database for products and categories.

Everytime a client receive a E-MAIL from his store, it need to be exactly from that store he is cadastrated.

Is this really very complex to develop? Why?

PRODUCTS + CATEGORIES: general database

clients: each one will need to have something in database to recognize he like a costumer from STORE1 and NOT STORE2.

In fact, I don’t understand very well this actual cs-cart development structure.

I will try to study the .PDF from costumer help desk area. If I have any other idea I will post here.

This is a very good implementation.

If anybody has another good material about how Cs-cart is developed and could send I will try to study it a bit more.

We need implementation to CS-CART and not generics softwares. If anybody can use a generic software that allow us to manage everything very easy, please, say here. I will be very interested to test it.

Let’s wait others ideas.

Happy new year for everybody.

What is missing is the concept of a “store_id”. Without it, you can’t separate any of the data by store. This would be a rather simple (but highly invasive) change to the underlying architecture and code base.

Personally, I’d much rather see the concept of “item status” before dealing with a “mall” type environement.

Note also that everything needs to be separated by store_id, not just customers. Not all stores would sell the same products with the same pricing structure. If it was all the same products with all the same pricing, what’s the point of separate stores (other than separate marketing campaigns, but that can be solved via DNS).

IN MY CASE… I think I want that ALL PRODUCTS DESCRIPTIONS and prices (price list and price) will need to be the same.

One person spends about 1 day to insert 10 products in my website (one person).

10 products = 1 day.

In my case, I buy more products for day then what I put in our website.

So, imagine you that if I have 3 different stores with 3 different skins (templates) and 3 different prices for each product? It will be impossible to manage. At least, just one person.

I think when someone wants to pay for ONE DATABASE and 2 or 3 STORE FRONTS… he wants to have a EASY WAY to manage all things.

In my case, I don’t want to chance products information. ALL SAME PRICE, all same description…etc.

If I need to change it for each store… Why will I need to use a single database?

I could export my products data from one store and IMPORT to the other.

Maybe I am wrong… let’s see what people will say here.

In my case, I don’t believe it is advantage to have to change a lot of things in each store.

Thanks for your reply.

Let’s go!

:slight_smile:

Figured I would chime in on it also - I brought the subject up a few months ago as part of a large-scale project I am developing for a client.

In the end - All “We” (Meaning my business needs) really want or need, is a product feed with options, images, and prices. Once the feed is active, it can parsed at will.

On My end, I do NOT want everything maintained in one database though, I want the host, or parent site to be maintained in our warehouse, with all inventory etc, and simply have the product feed pushed out to the client sites (All will be licensed versions of CS Cart BTW on the same server) so all they have to do is fulfill orders and collect money like a dropship setup.

They in turn will have their own ecommerce websites to build and manage however they see fit, but it will be fully stocked with our products. They are responsible for their own payment gateways, promotion, marketing etc.

Obviously, there is a bit more to it than this…

Mark

[quote name=‘dragondf’]IN MY CASE… I think I want that ALL PRODUCTS DESCRIPTIONS and prices (price list and price) will need to be the same.

One person spends about 1 day to insert 10 products in my website (one person).

10 products = 1 day.

In my case, I buy more products for day then what I put in our website.

If I need to change it for each store… Why will I need to use a single database?

I could export my products data from one store and IMPORT to the other.

[/QUOTE]

Hi…

I wrote one thing that could help me VERY VERY MUCH.

I SAID THAT MY BIG PROBLEMS IN TO MANAGE 3 WEBSITES COULD BE:

INSERT DATA: specially PRODUCTS (images, descriptions, reviews…and everything else about one product).

So… If I have 3 different cs-cart webstores, with the same mods, same version, etc. One is exactly the same thing from the other, except LAYOUT and CLIENTS.

If I insert 30 products in 3 days (10/day) in “Store 1”… if I EXPORT the products table to the other 2 stores… what could be the problem I will have? Images, maybe?

Is this possible actually? Or it is very difficult?

Because, if not, I think I will do it. It looks like a good way to manage 3 different webstores with the same PRODUCTS/CATEGORIES database file.

What do you think?

[quote name=‘dragondf’]Hi…

I wrote one thing that could help me VERY VERY MUCH.

I SAID THAT MY BIG PROBLEMS IN TO MANAGE 3 WEBSITES COULD BE:

INSERT DATA: specially PRODUCTS (images, descriptions, reviews…and everything else about one product).

So… If I have 3 different cs-cart webstores, with the same mods, same version, etc. One is exactly the same thing from the other, except LAYOUT and CLIENTS.

If I insert 30 products in 3 days (10/day) in “Store 1”… if I EXPORT the products table to the other 2 stores… what could be the problem I will have? Images, maybe?

Is this possible actually? Or it is very difficult?

Because, if not, I think I will do it. It looks like a good way to manage 3 different webstores with the same PRODUCTS/CATEGORIES database file.

What do you think?[/QUOTE]

Hello…

Is POSSIBLE to create products in ONE webstore (cs-cart, sure) and GET theses products to other 2 webstores?

For example:

Cs-cart1, cs-cart 2 and cs-cart3 are webstores with the same products. Same products, same prices.

The difference between them are: LAYOUT and CLIENTS.

In day 1 people worked to insert 30 new products in Cs-cart1 webstore (description, images, prices…).

Is possible to EXPORT and IMPORT data from these new products from cs-cart1 to cs-car2 and cs-cart3 ?

Because I haver tryed to do something like it and I had problems with IMAGES and product’s tabs and configuration from version 2.0.11 to 2.0.12 using ADMIN PANEL.

Because if there is a easy way to EXPORT and IMPORT all products information from 1 webstore to the 2 others, my problem will be solved.

ANY EXPERIENCE?

Thanks.

Hi,

I would love this feature too.

Very interested to see that EZ Merchant is basically CS-CART and they have got it to work with their Order Manager to achieve multiple store fronts.

With regard to duplicate copy, why not have additional Description tabs within each product which can be used for specific Store-fronts?

i.e one of our stores is aimed at the higher-end ABC1 market, but another of our stores focuses on price. The product description could then be adjusted accordingly to suit the market.

Markets could also then be targetted geographically.

There is a similar thread on the Snorocket site:-

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/forums/showthread.php?235-CS-Mall-(multi-storefronts-one-back-end)/page2&highlight=multi[/url]

Hope this helps a bit.

Watching this with interest.

We could also show our interest by voting here-

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general[/url]

Cheers

Nick

Mock Up Screen Shots:-

C’mon CS-Cart don’t miss the opportunity.

aspdotnetstorefront now providing multisite:-

[url]http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p-134-aspdotnetstorefront-multi-store.aspx[/url]

[quote name=‘boarderbloke’]C’mon CS-Cart don’t miss the opportunity.

aspdotnetstorefront now providing multisite:

[/QUOTE]

I have two licensed copies of this collecting dust on my hard drive if you want them, i think they are up to around $1,200.00 per license now…

BTW, Multi Store capability is already listed in the CS-Cart Roadmap as an upcoming feature to be offered. :wink:

[quote name=‘Struck’]I have two licensed copies of this collecting dust on my hard drive if you want them, i think they are up to around $1,200.00 per license now…

BTW, Multi Store capability is already listed in the CS-Cart Roadmap as an upcoming feature to be offered. ;)[/QUOTE]

There is a new thread about multistore here; http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=18707

[quote name=‘dennis’]There is a new thread about multistore here; http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=18707

[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is, however, the details you post in that thread are incorrect… Not sure where you come up with your information!

Of course CS-Cart has plans for the “MultiStore, Single DB” version, as of now they have every intention of moving ahead with it! :cool: