Popup image bigger

I searched all the forums and manual but without any luck.

I need to increase the size of the image that pops-up when a client clicks on the smaller thumb.

How can I do it?

no one haver do it or know how to?

Impressive :stuck_out_tongue:

Upload a larger image. I do not think cs-cart re-sizes the pop-up image.

David

Already tried.

Uploaded a 1024px image size but cs-cart resizes it to 400px

You have to go to:

/js/core.js

and change the parameter about the line 1340:

// Open pop-up window with detailed image
//
function fn_open_popup_image(popup_script, image_width, image_height)
{
if (image_width == 0) {
image_width = 400;
}
if (image_height == 0) {
image_height = 400;
}
image_width += 10;
image_height += 10;

if ((typeof(handle_popup_image)!='undefined') && (handle_popup_image.closed == false)) {
handle_popup_image.close();
}
handle_popup_image = window.open(popup_script, 'popup_image', 'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,left=200,top=100,width=' + image_width + ',height=' + image_height + ',resizable=yes');
};

//

I had the same issues with the default image viewer. I thought about doing what indy suggests, but I believe that fix will make the viewer always that size, unless I’m wrong.

I ended up purchasing the lightbox addon from Webgraphiq. He also has a dynamic preview addon and a Slimbox addon.

You can see the addons at:

[url]Search results

I have been very happy with this so far. The addon works perfect and is easily installed. One nice thing about this is that it is an addon so it can be turned on and off.

Hope this helps,

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I had the same issues with the default image viewer. I thought about doing what indy suggests, but I believe that fix will make the viewer always that size, unless I’m wrong.

[/quote]

I tried it with 2.0.11, there is not a problem with large images, or larger then 400px.

Well I guess it is just you want. I just tested 2.0.11 with an image that is 1000px tall and this is what I got.

Using the default viewer I got:

You can see that the bottom part of my image was cut off. Now you can click/hold and drag to see the rest of the image.

Using lightbox I got:

You can see the image is smaller, but at least you can see the whole thing. You can then click on the image title and see the whole thing.

I guess they both have their pros and cons.

Brandon

I wouldn’t go much bigger than 400 x 400. Not everyone has large monitors or surfs with the browser full screen. You do not want to loose these customers.

That’s one of the nice things about lightbox. The image is resized to the screen, but yet the customer can still click on the product title to see the full size image.

Personally I love big images as long as they are friendly to use. Of course this depends on what I am shopping for. For example, my boss just bought a whole appliance package for his new house. Some of the products had large images and you could really see what the product was. But some had small images and it made it a lot harder. It was really nice to see the large images and get a real “feel” for the appliances he was picking out.

Brandon

Furniture requires large images but its a fine line between image size balance and losing people with tiny monitors. I finally went with resizing everything to 1024x768 max and figured if they are still using a 15" monitor then they probably arent looking to buy furniture.

[quote name=‘Tirade’]I finally went with resizing everything to 1024x768 max and figured if they are still using a 15" monitor then they probably arent looking to buy furniture.[/QUOTE]

Kind of funny actually. I totally agree with you, but this definitely isn’t the case for everyone.

My cheap A$$ boss still uses a 15" monitor, but he is currently in the process of building a custom 3300 sq ft house and is going to be purchasing a bunch of furniture soon.

By the way, my boss is also my friend so I don’t mind making fun of him for things like this.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Kind of funny actually. I totally agree with you, but this definitely isn’t the case for everyone.

My cheap A$$ boss still uses a 15" monitor, but he is currently in the process of building a custom 3300 sq ft house and is going to be purchasing a bunch of furniture soon.

By the way, my boss is also my friend so I don’t mind making fun of him for things like this.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Its definitely not the case for everyone but I guess I should say if they have a 15" monitor they probably arent looking to buy furniture online.

If I was taking odds Id say your boss will buy most of his furniture locally retail.

Now there is an entirely different side to this and thats netbook/portable users who are cramped into smaller resolutions.

Does the lightbox mod automatically resize the images on the fly based on the resolution? This wouldnt change how my site looks on resolutions under 800X600 but it would make images easier to see for small screen users.