Please Update Your Api Documentation!

Hi CSCART team,

From Zapier to Pabbly to Easyflow no one understands your API layout or why you have made things so complicated.

1. Cart does not have cart id, so to make a unique cart for email marketing automation we need to jump through hoops. I really don't understand the logic here.

2. Orders does not have vendor's phone number. If we call for order information why wouldn't we need all the info from the seller?

3. Vendors API does not include vendor's phone number, is that not part of the information from a vendor?

So to get a vendor's phone number you have to do the gymnastics of calling orders API, then searching for company_id, then from there go to users to search for the company. All these unnecessary steps cost money.

Will stop there but look at what other people are doing and if you wish to open up the platform do so, if not then lock it .

This is just a huge waste of time and is unnecessary, it is 2022 and even fakeapi and sample apis seem better documented.

Thanks

Hi CSCART team,

From Zapier to Pabbly to Easyflow no one understands your API layout or why you have made things so complicated.

1. Cart does not have cart id, so to make a unique cart for email marketing automation we need to jump through hoops. I really don't understand the logic here.

Hello!

Yes, in CS-Cart & Multi-Vendor by default there is no cart ID available, however unfortunately it is unclear to me, how this question is related to documentation. Could you please clarify what exactly you are trying to achieve and what is missing in the documentation?

2. Orders does not have vendor's phone number. If we call for order information why wouldn't we need all the info from the seller?

For my point of view, information about vendor is static, so there is no point to collect and transfer this data in "getting information for the customer's order" scenario. And because it is static, it will be enough to collect it once from the Vendors endpoint and store it somewhere to use it later, if it's necessary.

3. Vendors API does not include vendor's phone number, is that not part of the information from a vendor?

So to get a vendor's phone number you have to do the gymnastics of calling orders API, then searching for company_id, then from there go to users to search for the company. All these unnecessary steps cost money.

Will stop there but look at what other people are doing and if you wish to open up the platform do so, if not then lock it .

This is just a huge waste of time and is unnecessary, it is 2022 and even fakeapi and sample apis seem better documented.

Thanks

This looks like a bug in the current version. I have created the new task for the developers on this case. In order to get this company's data via API in the current version, please apply the attached .diff file to your installation.

I hope it will help you.

7230035bedb6a23f52a5aa7189088b64abdd08a3.diff