Please help...

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I tried to search the forum for the solution, but could not find it.

• How can I set up my site to be positioned right in the middle of page? I can not figure out how to keep my site same size in the middle of the page in different browsers. I tried to play with style.css and index.tpl , but it completely ruins the layout of the site.
  • How do you place the cart in the side box? I know that older version of cs-cart had a side box cart, but I bought a new version and can not figure out how to put the cart in the side box.
  • and at last in My Account box the tracking request should be centered and on my site it is shifted to the right, do you have any idea how to center it?

I would very appreciate any response.

Thank you in advance,

Lena
  1. Check out [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation for the first one. Just reverse the process to make the site fixed width :wink:
  2. check out the blocks section in your admin panel. It is under design->blocks. You can drag the my account block to a diffirent section
  3. check out the design mode in the design tab and center the box :wink:

I used the instructions from the link you posted. I tryed it before and it did not help, but I thought may be I missed something , so I tryed it one more time - and it distorted sites layout…

I do not need to move my account box anywhere, I just need a side box cart.

I looked in the design mode, but what shoud I center and where?

I very new to the cs cart and coding, I appreciate your patience :wink:

Please see the image to get the idea of what I’m trying to do. This site uses same template as I do.

As for the positioning,

In you skins/default-blue/customer/styles.css

On line 412 remove:

#container {
width: 100%;
}

The only other thing you will notice is that your header sticks way out. Thay is because it is one image that is 1124 px wide and your container is set to 968 px wide on line 643 of your style sheet.

This is based off of the link you gave above and not off of the image you posted.

I’ll have to look into the rest in a while, for now I have to go to work,

Brandon

Thank you Brandon!

I changed logo size, but my concern is that my site looks different on diferrent monitors. That’s why I want to center the site , so it would not matter which monitor person has - site would look the same.

I’ll appriciate if you can help me . Thank you!:wink:

I’ll try to help if I can.

I see that you haven’t removed the:

#container {
width: 100%;
}

from your skins/default_blue/customer/styles.css on line 412.

Try removing that and your site should be centered for any monitor. Of course this will mean that your site will be 968 px wide instead of 100%, but if you want it centered than I am assuming that you don’t want your site to be 100%?

As for the sidebox cart, there was one on the forum somewhere. I installed it, but it didn’t work as good as I would have hoped for so I removed it.

I hope this helps,

Brandon

question how did you put that banners in the center of the page and can you refer me to someone that designs them type banners

thanks calvin

Thank you Brandon!

Will keep looking for side box cart, at least site is centered now.:smiley: