Placing meta information on a specific page

Do you guys know how to place meta information on a specific page? I want to add these to my homepage only but don't know how.

Do you guys know how to do that? Thanks,

Paul

[quote name='gatorguy' timestamp='1351415511' post='147831']

Do you guys know how to place meta information on a specific page? I want to add these to my homepage only but don't know how.

Do you guys know how to do that? Thanks,

Paul

[/quote]

Hi there!

My superfast solution is:

Put this code
$view->assign('homepage', true);
into the /controllers/customer/index.php after this:
if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'POST') {
return array(CONTROLLER_STATUS_NO_PAGE);
}

And then put this code into your /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/meta.tpl

{if $homepage}

{/if}
befor the
{/hook}
hook closure.

After this, clear the site cache, and it should work.

Hi Drahos,

I tried that yesterday and it worked perfectly. Now a day later and I have not made any changes and it stopped working. Do you know what might be causing it? I cleared the cart and my browser cache multiple times as well. Thanks.

[quote name=‘gatorguy’ timestamp=‘1351886415’ post=‘148214’]

Hi Drahos,

I tried that yesterday and it worked perfectly. Now a day later and I have not made any changes and it stopped working. Do you know what might be causing it? I cleared the cart and my browser cache multiple times as well. Thanks.

[/quote]

Hmmm. I’ve no idea about this problem. I checked the code on my localhost, and it works fine. :(

I got it to work fine now, there was an issue with the permissions on the files. Thanks again for all your help.

[quote name='gatorguy' timestamp='1352219487' post='148450']

I got it to work fine now, there was an issue with the permissions on the files. Thanks again for all your help.

[/quote]

I'm happy to help you. Reputation points will be appreciated ;]