Pinterest (Pin It)

any solution for cs cart 3?

Hmm, OK guys and gals, I see there is now a problem with this code. For some reason when you “Pin” something, the page redirects back to your homepage. You can still pin the product, but obviously it would be better to have the customer stay on the current page instead of going to the cart's homepage.

I also tried the addon at Free Shareit Buttons Addon - Third-Party Services - CS-Cart Community Forums but that is doing the exact same thing.

I also tried the code directly from Share This, but it is also redirecting.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Brandon

brandon - no idea, but when the 'Cancel' is clicked in the upper right, it goes back to the original page visited as desired. Perhaps the same code for 'cancel'ling can be implemented for after the 'pin' process as well?

Sorry to bump, but was this ever sorted out so that it did not redirect back to the home page when clicking the Pin It button?

Also, there isn’t any clear classification whether this only works for v2 or v2 and v3?

Thank you very much. :)

No, there isn't. I'm just using a modified version of Free Social Analytics Plugin by AddShoppers - Third-Party Services - CS-Cart Community Forums for my sites now. Much better and easy to change. Plus it gives you analytics, which is cool.

Thanks,

Brandon

I have now just discovered that our pin-it button no longer works properly on some pages. It works on our home page, picks up all images (except our logo) and brings the user to the page for pinning. But on other pages where it previously worked, I get an error saying it cannot find any pinnable images (when there are indeed many images available).

Has there been any changes to the image size requirements from Pinterest? Seems like the only cause, as it doesn't pick up our logo or smaller thumbnails like it used to.

Thanks for any input!

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1353388872' post='149549']

No, there isn't. I'm just using a modified version of http://forum.cs-cart…by-addshoppers/ for my sites now. Much better and easy to change. Plus it gives you analytics, which is cool.

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

Are you still using it Brandon? I'm not seeing it on your site.

I never did put this on my site after I upgraded it, but I do have it running on another site and it is still working fine.Maybe one of these days I'll add it back on my site.

Thanks,

Brandon

Following up here, it looks like there is a minimum size requirement of some sort. I don't have an official word from Pinterest, but images smaller than 200x200 are likely not pinnable. I edited/test a few photos to be larger, and they then get picked up by this code.

Really??

I assume Pinterest wants quality photos and minimal stretch issues, I get that, but is the solution to force larger photos and slower load times for websites? I have 5000+ thumbnails that are 140ish x 100ish… maybe I can resize all of them in my spare time. Cripes.

Any way around this? This code worked well for us before.

Ok, one more follow-up FYI, official word from Pinterest, current minimum size requirement as of this writing is one side at least 200px by one side at least 100px.

I have to do some more testing, but images large enough to meet this criteria ARE pinnable with this code.

Thanks again for the original code everyone, still works well for us