Pinterest Block On Category Page

Hi there,

On each category page, I want to have a link to a Pinterest page related to that category.

So far I've managed to create an HTML block in the "Categories" layout and place it in the layout. See attachment.

"Jewellery" is hard-coded into the content and I had to disable the block for all other categories, so that it only shows under "Jewellery". It would be great if I could make it work dynamically for the particular category page it displays on. Otherwise, I'll need to create a lot of blocks for each category.

So, ideally, I would set up a Pinterest board using exactly the same name as the Category, and dynamically code the content as something like:

Handmade [category_name] Inspiration atPinterest

Can I do this with CS-CART as it is, or would it need custom work?

Capture.PNG

Hi there,

On each category page, I want to have a link to a Pinterest page related to that category.

So far I've managed to create an HTML block in the "Categories" layout and place it in the layout. See attachment.

"Jewellery" is hard-coded into the content and I had to disable the block for all other categories, so that it only shows under "Jewellery". It would be great if I could make it work dynamically for the particular category page it displays on. Otherwise, I'll need to create a lot of blocks for each category.

So, ideally, I would set up a Pinterest board using exactly the same name as the Category, and dynamically code the content as something like:

Handmade [category_name] Inspiration atPinterest

Can I do this with CS-CART as it is, or would it need custom work?

Hello!

Try this:

Handmade {$category_data.category} Inspiration atPinterest

But note that if the category name has spaces the link will be incorrect.

Hello!

Try this:

But note that if the category name has spaces the link will be incorrect.

Thanks, that does work, but yes, it's a shame about the links in the case of category names with spaces. Many of my categories have spaces, e.g. "Art & Photography"

Thanks, that does work, but yes, it's a shame about the links in the case of category names with spaces. Many of my categories have spaces, e.g. "Art & Photography"

Try this:

In the link the seo name will be used.

Try this:

In the link the seo name will be used.

Thank you Oleg. You're awesome.

Thank you Oleg. You're awesome.

You are welcome! :)