PHP versions for different cs-cart versions?

It would be nice to have a cross reference table for PHP version versus different version of cs-cart.

I have a client using cs-cart 3.04 with PHP version 5.2.17. I was trying to install v4.02, but of course the server has too old of a version for the new cart. If I upgrade the server to PHP 5.3.0 to test out the new cs-cart version, will my old Live cart still work? Basically is 3.04 100% compatible with PHP 5.3.0?

Also, what about cs-cart 1.35 or 2.12, are they compatible with PHP 5.3.0?

If the answer is no, it is going to be very difficult to upgrade and still maintain a Live cart at the same time.

David

I asked this question in the following post. Do not see this addressed in the import utility instructions.

[url=“Alpha testing of the Store import tool from CS-Cart 2.2.x, 3.0.x to 4.0.x. We need your help. - Page 3 - Upcoming features - CS-Cart Community Forums - Page 3”]Alpha testing of the Store import tool from CS-Cart 2.2.x, 3.0.x to 4.0.x. We need your help. - Page 3 - Upcoming features - CS-Cart Community Forums - Page 3

Bob

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1379872656' post='168557']Basically is 3.04 100% compatible with PHP 5.3.0?[/quote]

My 3.0.6 is running fine on PHP 5.3.10 if that helps.

I'm interested in 2.2.4 and 2.2.5 to 4.02.

Bob

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1379880948' post='168561']

I'm interested in 2.2.4 and 2.2.5 to 4.02.

Bob

[/quote]

2.2.5 is working fine on php 5.3.27 on my end.

Your host should be able to setup multiple versions for you and give you instructions for an entry in your .htaccess file for each site.

Just wanted to say that I upgraded my 2.2.4 shop from PHP 5.2.17 to PHP 5.3.27 and the speed increase was stunning.

Hi

We are on…

CS-Cart v2.2.5

PHP 5.3.27

and all ok.

Barry

PHP 5.3.27 is recommended. cs-cart v4 runs on it very well too.

The PHP upgrade literally solved ALL my speed issues. I can't recommend it enough to anyone still using anything less.

By the way, I also have PHP 5.4.21 available. Has anyone tried this with 2.2.4? or know if it's compatible?

I am using a few versions of cs-cart on my server. V2.1.4, 2.2.3, 2.2.4, and 3.0.6. I'm currently on PHP Version 5.2.13.

I want to start upgrading the stores to the new version V4, and first step would be to upgrade PHP. Given these different versions of cs-cart, could I just have my hosting company upgrade php?

Would I need to modify anything once it's done to ensure the stores still work fine? I won't be able to upgrade all my stores in a single day or two, so I need to make sure that they all will work after php is upgraded.

And lastly, I see different versions php being used. Is there a specific version number that I should have my hosting company use for the php upgrade?

Thanks!

My cart runs fine on PHP 5.6 but funny enough today I switched to 5.7 PHPNG - dev version and it ran fine for amount, in fact the speed was blistering, but then I started to get blank pages so I switched it back :-)

The common denominator across versions (as of now anyway) is PHP V5.3. Moving to 5.4 will break your V2 sites and staying at 5.2 will prevent you from upgrading.

Note that most hostings provide the ability to have PHP versions specified per site in the .htaccess file. Contact your hosting provider to see how to do it for your environment.

tbirnseth, Thanks for the reply. I just posted my question in a different topic and then seen you answered it here.

I would not expect that common denominator to last that long. I recently switched hosting and in the new space, the package of PHP 5.2 they had wouldn't work because HTTPS via curl didn't work and they were unwilling to unbundle the package and update curl for something that old. Hence I had to move to V5.3 and then go fix all the 'deprication' issues (not just turning off notice of deprecated behavior). But an ecommerce site with a broken curl won't get you very far!

I have a support ticket in to my hosting provider but would you say that if I upgrade to PHP V5.3.X, I would be ok for all my V2 versions of cs-cart? Or does it just depend on the server configuration?

Unfortunately they are unable to run multiple versions of php on my server without some additional cost for additional software. I’m filling out your (get a quote) form now. :)

I can't speak to what your hosting specifically does. However, V5.3 is documented as being supported for all current versions of cs-cart greater than probably 2.1. But again, I can't guarantee what your host installs. As I said above, I would not have expected them to provide a package where curl won't work with SSL. You will want to have it ignore notices for E_DEPRECATED in your config.local.php file such as:

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);
if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.3.0', '>=')) {
error_reporting(error_reporting() & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);
}