Php 8.0 And 8.1 Support

PHP 8.1 looks

PHP 8.2 until the end of 2025?like it gets security fixes until almost teh end of 2024 not 2025 unless the diagram is wrong?

1 Like

Sorry, my bad. I corrected the post above. Basically, PHP 8.1 will be receiving security updates throughout most of 2024, so it’ll be safe to use.

Thank you for the correction.

Will you soon be supporting PHP 8.2?

It’s too soon for me to promise everything. A lot of factors affect the decision. In my eyes — and that’s just my opinion — an ideal supported PHP version:

• Doesn’t have known security vulnerabilities.
  • Has active security support (the orange zone on the diagram at least).
  • Is widely used and adopted already.
  • Doesn’t require us to give up support of some older versions that are still widely used.

For example, we recently had requests from clients who were disappointed that we had to abandon support of PHP 7.0 (sometimes that is necessary to allow for newer PHP versions). The client’s point was “if it works, don’t fix it”. We take all our customers’ concerns to heart, so I can understand that angle too. But we have to make that choice, so eventually 8.2 will be supported as well.

2 Likes

“The client’s point was “if it works, don’t fix it”. We take all our customers’ concerns to heart,”

I understand what you say - and you are correct, but I wonder if the customer understands the security issues?

In the past sometimes I waited a long time to upgarde CS cart but I didn’t understand about old PHP versions - if I had understood I would not have waited so long…

Is PHP Version 8.0.27 supported by cs cart?

PHP 8.0 is supported starting with CS-Cart/Multi-Vendor 4.15.1

1 Like

That means that cs cart support only PHP 8.0? or also PHP Version 8.0.x? more precisely 8.0.27

Hi!

CS-Cart 4.15.x support any version of PHP 8.0, i.e. 8.0.x. So 8.0.27 should be supported as well.

1 Like

Thank you! These details should be mentioned also on CS-Cart System Requirements — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation
As I encountered many times since using cs cart issues with installing/upgrading cs cart. Either the requirements are not fully mentioned or are bugs in cs cart that did that some features or another of cs cart not to work.

As I can see, all the necessary information is already provided there:

PHP 8.0 is supported starting with CS-Cart/Multi-Vendor 4.15.1.

There is no specifications of the patch version of PHP, so it means that any version within specific branch should work.

Could you please provide some specific examples, so I can check them?

Are numerous examples to mention just a few:

1. see here I installed cscart_v4.15.2_b2b, admin panel not shown properly

2. I upgraded the cs cart and the website was down many days, the upgrade process went well
    My website was down 2 weeks, and the support didn t manage to see that the issue was with cs cart not server. it took 2 weeks to solve it
    On Monday, February 21, 2022, 02:03:47 PM GMT+2, CS-Cart.com sales@cs-cart.com wrote:

Thank you for your patience. I apologize for the delay in answering.

The issue with image thumbnails that caused such error:

ErrorUnable to create thumbnail for file "/home/mysite/public_html/images/detailed/8/image.png": Get operation failedis related to ImageMagick library.
I have switched the default library to GD by replacing the line:
'image_resize_lib' => 'auto', // library to resize images - "auto", "gd" or "imagick"
with the following:
'image_resize_lib' => 'gd', // library to resize images - "auto", "gd" or "imagick"
in the config.local.php file of your installation. Now the problem is not reproduced, please check it.
I apologize for misleading you with the library version, have mixed up two different things.

The problem was caused by the selected format of image thumbnails. WebP was selected as the default format, however it is not supported by ImageMagick. Please see the list of supported formats at the attached screenshot. On the other hand, GD does have WebP support.

I have set 'image_resize_lib' back to 'auto' in the config.local.php file. Then I have changed the Thumbnail format to same as source on the Settings > Thumbnails page, and now the problem is not reproduced.

If you want to use WebP as the default image format, you should contact the hosting team on the possibility to enable the WebP support for ImageMagick library. Or you can switch back to using GD library instead.

We have examined the problem, it was related to the large size of the uploaded logo and the bug in the current CS-Cart version.
We have fixed the bug in your installation, you can find the details in the attached diff file.
Sincerely yours,
Ekaterina Strunnikova
Customer care team
Mar 6, 2022, 21:28

Thank you for the reply.

1. This issue requires detailed examination at the server with this issue. Right now I cannot link this one to the PHP version directly, since it could be incorrect configuration of the specific version.
  2. I have found this ticket in the Help Desk, as I can see, it is not related to PHP version anyhow.
1 Like

see here the errors I am geting now, when using php 8.0.27

[22-Jan-2023 10:04:32 PHP Warning:  math: illegal characters in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/plugins/function.math.php on line 76
[22-Jan-2023 10:05:23 PHP Warning:  math: illegal characters in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/plugins/function.math.php on line 76
[22-Jan-2023 13:17:46 PHP Warning:  math: illegal characters in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/plugins/function.math.php on line 76
[22-Jan-2023 17:15:38 PHP Warning:  math: illegal characters in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/plugins/function.math.php on line 76
[22-Jan-2023 21:36:50 PHP Warning:  math: illegal characters in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/plugins/function.math.php on line 76
[23-Jan-2023 09:43:32 PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $object_name follows optional parameter $object_type in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/addons/seo/schemas/exim/seo.functions.php on line 33
[23-Jan-2023 09:43:32 PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $product_name follows optional parameter $object_type in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/addons/seo/schemas/exim/seo.functions.php on line 33
[23-Jan-2023 09:43:34 PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $object_name follows optional parameter $object_type in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/addons/seo/schemas/exim/seo.functions.php on line 33
[23-Jan-2023 09:43:34 PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $product_name follows optional parameter $object_type in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/addons/seo/schemas/exim/seo.functions.php on line 33
[23-Jan-2023 09:43:35 PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $object_name follows optional parameter $object_type in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/addons/seo/schemas/exim/seo.functions.php on line 33
[23-Jan-2023 09:43:35 PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $product_name follows optional parameter $object_type in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/addons/seo/schemas/exim/seo.functions.php on line 33
[23-Jan-2023 09:43:36 PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $object_name follows optional parameter $object_type in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/addons/seo/schemas/exim/seo.functions.php on line 33
[23-Jan-2023 09:43:36 PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $product_name follows optional parameter $object_type in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/addons/seo/schemas/exim/seo.functions.php on line 33
[23-Jan-2023 09:43:37 PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $object_name follows optional parameter $object_type in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/addons/seo/schemas/exim/seo.functions.php on line 33
[23-Jan-2023 09:43:37 PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $product_name follows optional parameter $object_type in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/addons/seo/schemas/exim/seo.functions.php on line 33
[23-Jan-2023 13:55:43 PHP Warning:  math: illegal characters in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/plugins/function.math.php on line 76
[23-Jan-2023 17:10:44 PHP Warning:  math: illegal characters in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/plugins/function.math.php on line 76
[23-Jan-2023 17:11:54 PHP Warning:  math: illegal characters in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/plugins/function.math.php on line 76
[23-Jan-2023 17:14:41 PHP Warning:  math: illegal characters in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/plugins/function.math.php on line 76
[23-Jan-2023 17:15:43 PHP Warning:  math: illegal characters in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/plugins/function.math.php on line 76
[23-Jan-2023 17:22:06 PHP Warning:  math: illegal characters in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/plugins/function.math.php on line 76
[23-Jan-2023 17:28:25 PHP Warning:  math: illegal characters in /home/mydomain/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/plugins/function.math.php on line 76

What is the fix for this?

Thanks for the reply.

PHP Warning:  math: illegal characters

This one error is most possibly related to third party theme used in your store. I am unable to reproduce it.

The following error entry:

PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter

I am confirming this. In order to fix it in your installation, please apply the attached .diff file.
0d9ce078cbc0c2444437dd4bf2803251693af144.diff (997 Bytes)

I have notified the developers regarding this issue.

2 Likes

Regarding

PHP Warning:  math: illegal characters

You should check also Smarty 4.0.2 Warning: math: illegal characters · Issue #702 · smarty-php/smarty · GitHub
Theme developers says is not related to their theme

Hi there!

Developers of the Smarty template engine are not related in any way with the used theme’s developers. You need to contact the developers of the theme you are using, not the Smarty developers.

Aren’t cs cart use smart for its templates? Are not other third party theme developed using the core cs cart themes?

The theme i am using is the unitheme 2, here is the answer from unitheme developers:

“This one error is most possibly related to third party theme used in your store.”
In general, such an answer is very vague and inaccurate.
They must investigate the problem and find the cause.
If the reason is in our products, then we will fix it.
So far, in these errors, I do not see any mention of our products.

You can contact us on this case via Help Desk, so will be able to examine this issue on your side. Please make sure that you have active Customer Care subscription while contacing us.