Persistant Category Name in URL

Hello,

I recently edited the name of a category. The old category name is still showing in the URL. I cleared the cache, temp files, etc, but the old Category Name Persists in the URL.

Is there a way to fix/regenerate the url with the current name other than creating a new category and deleting the old one?

Thanks,

Bob

Click the “Addons” tab for the category and change the “SEO name” which is the url.

Adadric,

I just changed that and cleared the cache. URL still has old category name, I want it to show the current category name.

Thanks,

Bob

Any other suggestions before I delete the category and create a replacement category?

This is a little more detail of the problem.

The current category path is:

[url]http://storename.com/candles-and-soap/a-cheerful-giver-candles.html[/url].

The problem is that I edited the Category name from A cheerful giver candles to Orla Soy Candles.

The URL should now be:

[url]http://storename.com/candles-and-soap/Orla[/url] Soy Candles.html.

Can’t get it to change to use edited category name. Of course, all products attached to Orla Soy Candles has the incorrect path which still contains a-cheerful-giver-candles.

Is this a bug whereby you can edit the category ( and maybe) product name, but the new name is not updated in the SEO created URL?

I do clear the cache and local temp files.

I am finally getting close to actually using cs-cart. Originally bought the first license in August 2007 (and joined this forum) and still waiting for the right time to go live. I think right after 2.013 comes out. Not waiting for 3.0.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Hi Bob,

The only thing I see that is strange with your new URL is there are spaces between Orla Soy and Candles when there should be “dashes” between those words.

You deleted the SEO name on the Addons tab of the category then resaved the category to allow it to repopulate the SEO name on its own, right? You don’t have to type in anything unless you want to give a different SEO name than what would be automatically created by CS-Cart upon saving.

I’ve been doing this in 2.0.8 without any issues whatsoever so it’s kind of odd that you’re having the problem.

Stephanie (dudette),

Thank you and Adodric.

To answer your question:

[QUOTE]You deleted the SEO name on the Addons tab of the category then resaved the category to allow it to repopulate the SEO name on its own, right?[/QUOTE]

Is, NO.

That was my problem. Did not realize what was behind the Addons tab of the category.

I fixed it.

Thanks again.

Bob

PS. Will have a shipping question soon related to suppliers.