Paypal: Users not completing checkout

The problem is when they select Paypal as an option. They are sent to paypal’s website. They are given an option to login to their existing paypal account of they have one. Or over to the left they will see a link that will give them an option to continue with out a paypal account. Most users don’t even notice this option. They think they have to sign up for a paypal account and just end up leaving. Which in turn leaves the order status as open. I wish this could be the default option where it would just show the order info and ask them for their credit card.

If anyone knows how to implement this then please let us know. I would like the users to be sent to paypal’s website showing their order info and asking for credit card. Not to login and or have to look for this option to click without a paypal account.

I know if I get paypal PRO all the users will not leave my site. But as of now PayPal will not give me the Pro account.

Here is a screen shot of what the user sees when they click on paypal then select continue.

This is what they see after they get to paypal’s website. You can note that I have circled where the user would have to click in order to continue with out using a paypal account. Like I said MANY users just leave at this point.

how about making a graphic like below and show it in a tooltip beside the payment option…

2.jpg

This is the main problem with PayPal, and as far as I know you can’t do anything to with the PayPal website.

Thanks for the tip. That’s what I did for now.

The problem is users do not always read even thought it’s right there at checkout. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution.

[quote name=‘CutRiteFX’] The problem is users do not always read even thought it’s right there at checkout. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunaely, the solution has to be from paypal itself.:frowning:

Anyone figure out a way to make this work with out having to explain it to the users during checkout?

[quote name=‘CutRiteFX’]Anyone figure out a way to make this work with out having to explain it to the users during checkout?[/QUOTE]

I don’t know that you can change this PayPal screen, but you can try PayPal Pro. This will keep your customer on your site and then process the credit card through PayPal.

I use PayPal Pro and it works very good with CS-Cart.

Hope that helps.

Adam

I think you’re stuck unless you can get that Pro account. Otherwise look into another merchant service… I myself used paypal for 7 years and I just filled out the app to switch to Authorize.net … Too many people see PayPal and they cringe. There’s always a chance that I lost sales over the years because of it.

PayPal worked great for what I needed though

Clear all the cache and cookies from your browser and then try to checkout using paypal. I bet you won’t get that screen. You will be directly taken to the credit card details page and so will be the case with your users.

Do NOT login into your paypal account before doing this.

[quote name=‘racingsolution’]I think you’re stuck unless you can get that Pro account. Otherwise look into another merchant service… I myself used paypal for 7 years and I just filled out the app to switch to Authorize.net … Too many people see PayPal and they cringe. There’s always a chance that I lost sales over the years because of it.

PayPal worked great for what I needed though[/QUOTE]

Hey we are kind of in the same field there.

How much is Authorize.net charging you per month and per transaction to have this setup.

Last I checked it was expensive. Unless I got the wrong person on the phone.

[quote name=‘jain1980’]Clear all the cache and cookies from your browser and then try to checkout using paypal. I bet you won’t get that screen. You will be directly taken to the credit card details page and so will be the case with your users.

Do NOT login into your paypal account before doing this.[/QUOTE]

Tried that and it did not seem to work. Maybe it was due to me selecting an existing order

and trying to pay again. I will try again with a new order and see how it works out.

It worked for me and I’ll explain the logic. Once you login into your paypal account, a cookie is placed indicating that the user has a paypal account. Now when you try to checkout from your cart on the same PC, the option is given either to login thru your paypal a/c or continue using your credit card. That’s why the reason for the confusing screen. So just wipe out all cookies and cache and make paypal believe that you have don’t hold an account with them. Why not try it from some other PC and see ?

In fact for many a times I hv even seen a ‘Continue’ graphic button instead of the text link during my testing.