Paypal - The paid total amount does not match the order total

I use Paypal with:

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by signalator

Well, we did not reply only because nobody asked.

What we did:

We have created 3 paypal files (each for 1 currency we accept USD, EUR and GBP).

1. USD (converted from paypal.php)

was

$paypal_total = fn_format_price($order_info[‘total’] - fn_order_shipping_cost($order_info));

$paypal_shipping = fn_order_shipping_cost($order_info);

now

$coefficient = db_get_field(“SELECT coefficient FROM cscart_currencies WHERE currency_code=‘usd’”);

$paypal_total = fn_format_price(($order_info[‘total’] - fn_order_shipping_cost($order_info)) /$coefficient );

$paypal_shipping = fn_format_price(fn_order_shipping_cost($order_info )/$coefficient);

AND

Line 182

$v[‘price’] = fn_format_price(($v[‘subtotal’] - fn_external_discounts($v)) / $v[‘amount’]);

now

$v[‘price’] = fn_format_price((($v[‘subtotal’] - fn_external_discounts($v)) / $v[‘amount’])/$coefficient);

2. For any other currency (e.g. EUR), create a file (e.g.) paypaleuro.php and replace

cscart_currencies WHERE currency_code=‘usd’“); by

cscart_currencies WHERE currency_code=‘eur’”);

Everything works just fine.[/QUOTE]

than upgrade to 2.1.1 I get error:

[COLOR=“Red”]The paid total amount does not match the order total[/COLOR]

[quote name=‘arvis’]I use Paypal with:

than upgrade to 2.1.1 I get error:

[COLOR=“Red”]The paid total amount does not match the order total[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

HI

Did you get any solution to this issue?

Thaning you in advacne

I am also experiencing this error right now…

The paid total amount does not match the order total

Got also the same problem with CS 2.1.1 with Paypal with a regular order paid by a customer with no rewards points, no discounts… Strange, anyone??

Thanks

We just started having the same issue, but only on orders that customers pay tax for. It appears that even though our system is already charging tax for Ohio customers, Paypal is charging tax again and it is making the totals not match.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you experience such a problem. The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Thanks for the info. We have been able to set up other carriers (realtime) but we were just having problems with Fedex. It was because we are using Smart Post which is what we have already sent you a ticket about. We have no problem using all the other shipping methods, but you have some type of bug in Smart Post.

Also, you should make reference to the page you mentioned when customers are setting up “shipping” using your kb at the following link…

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Maybe if you would have listed on the above mentioned page that we need to mess with “suppliers” too we could have saved some time. It ended up being Brandon that figured it out.

Hello, Jim

We will check this situation in more detail and we might add the necessary information to the mentioned article of our Knowledge base if need be.

[quote name=‘clips’]Thanks for the info. We have been able to set up other carriers (realtime) but we were just having problems with Fedex. It was because we are using Smart Post which is what we have already sent you a ticket about. We have no problem using all the other shipping methods, but you have some type of bug in Smart Post.

Also, you should make reference to the page you mentioned when customers are setting up “shipping” using your kb at the following link…

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Maybe if you would have listed on the above mentioned page that we need to mess with “suppliers” too we could have saved some time. It ended up being Brandon that figured it out.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I put the wrong response here. Since CS support puts the same generic response I looked at it wrong.

On the Paypal error, is there some way to tell Paypal to not add on the tax again? Maybe it is on that side where we need to make the changes. I can’t seem to find anything on Paypal, but that is my guess. It would make sense that the tax would already be figured on the site and then sent over to Paypal.

[QUOTE]On the Paypal error, is there some way to tell Paypal to not add on the tax again? Maybe it is on that side where we need to make the changes. I can’t seem to find anything on Paypal, but that is my guess. It would make sense that the tax would already be figured on the site and then sent over to Paypal.[/QUOTE]

Clips, I would bet money that you have a setting checked within your Paypal admin side settings which is triggering Paypal to calculate & add sales tax to your orders, although as you mention, your CS-Cart store has already calculated the tax initially. As you know, those payment gateway settings areas are not exactly user-friendly to navigate through (including Paypal’s), so often easy to miss a key setting !

For starters, login to your Paypal admin & click your “Profile” link. Scroll to towards the bottom of the page and click the VAT link and make sure you do not have any sales tax configured there. (And yes, it is stupid that they labeled this link VAT considering you can also setup USA domestic sales tax rates here!)