Paypal Standard Not Working Correctly

I have been on version 4.3.3 for some time now, however very recently a significant number of orders are received as open

I only use paypal standard as checkout

1) Some orders are open although paypal money is received (usually customers tell me they were charged but some error msg popped up and that they are not sure if the order went through)

2) Some orders are open, no money received - I would tend to think these are customers who abandoned however all these open orders were trying to checkout using their credit card

Not sure what is happening nonetheless this is big loss in sale and customer trust I am going through. Everyday I get a few open orders now

Anyone any ideas what may have happened suddenly? Nothing was changed on my site

Something wrong with IPN response. Please contact CS-Cart support team, they have good experience with PayPal

Something wrong with IPN response. Please contact CS-Cart support team, they have good experience with PayPal

Thanks I will contact them, however are you saying besides wrong order status, IPN issues can actually cause errors while customer is trying to pay and have them abandon at Paypal?

Try to replace the following string of the file "app/addons/paypal/controllers/common/payment_notification.post.php":
$result = Http::post($url, $data);
by this one:
$extra['headers'] = array('Connection: Close', 'User-Agent: company-name');
$result = Http::post($url, $data, $extra);
Hope it will help you.

Try to replace the following string of the file "app/addons/paypal/controllers/common/payment_notification.post.php":
$result = Http::post($url, $data);
by this one:
$extra['headers'] = array('Connection: Close', 'User-Agent: company-name');
$result = Http::post($url, $data, $extra);
Hope it will help you.

Thanks a lot, I will try this and see if the problem persists

Thanks I will contact them, however are you saying besides wrong order status, IPN issues can actually cause errors while customer is trying to pay and have them abandon at Paypal?

It is default behavior. When the customer is redirected back to the store and IPN is not received, the system sets Open status to the order instead of the Incomplete one. Please try solution suggested by CS-Market and let us know the result.

It is default behavior. When the customer is redirected back to the store and IPN is not received, the system sets Open status to the order instead of the Incomplete one. Please try solution suggested by CS-Market and let us know the result.

Hi Thanks for the advice

I tried the solution (changed the code). Still had one order that was reported as open although payment was received successfully

I have been experiencing this problem since May also. Most of the Paypal orders come through as Incomplete orders. Most of them are actually paid orders and we got the money in Paypal account but CS-Cart is sending "sales tax" as separate line item (like product) and Paypal returns error message saying number of items do not match. It is hit and miss, sometimes customer doesn't finish the order and we get incomplete orders that way.

I reported this a bug in bug tracker but didn't get any attention. If you search for the forum, there are lots of other people who had experienced this but it is not catching CS-Cart dev teams attention enough to give response to us.

Still experiencing this issue. Does anyone know if this issue got resolved?

We're also still getting this with two of our customers' stores

Can anyone confirm if this issue was resolved with version 4.3.4 - 4.3.5?

I'm still using 4.3.3 and hesitate to upgrade, unless this issue has been fixed.