PayPal Pro

We were just approved for PayPal Pro and I am having some trouble with the module supplied by cs-cart.

I have requested and received the api credentials and have configured a new payment method via the administration panel per cs-cart knowledge base article.

I now have PayPal as an option to checkout but only for the customer to enter their credit card information.

Where is the option for them to log into their paypal account and pay that way?

Thanks for your time.

Eric

[quote name=‘fenwick’]We were just approved for PayPal Pro and I am having some trouble with the module supplied by cs-cart.

I have requested and received the api credentials and have configured a new payment method via the administration panel per cs-cart knowledge base article.

I now have PayPal as an option to checkout but only for the customer to enter their credit card information.

Where is the option for them to log into their paypal account and pay that way?

Thanks for your time.

Eric[/QUOTE]

PayPal Standard

sorry…Website Payments Pro

I’m bout ready to go down this same road.

I think what Tool is saying or lack of is that paypal standard has this option that you mention above. The way I understand it is that paypal pro is a traditional merchant like account in which you can process credit cards. However, I think paypal express comes with paypal pro in the form of an express button on checkout. The express button allows the customer to log in to paypal and pay in this way. I think?

I’m sure I will be corrected if I’m wrong. I know you’re probably in a hurry for a quick answer and I’d probably go to paypal and view paypal pro documentation. This was how I took the info. Be interesting to find out what ya come up with.

Sorry I couldn’t help ya more.

Stu

The way I understand it (and I could be wrong)…Express is for PayPal account holders only; Standard is for both PayPal account holders and for credit card processing (limited to only website processing); Pro is exclusively for credit card processing (unlimited - virtual terminal, ect…).

[quote name=‘The Tool’]The way I understand it (and I could be wrong)…Express is for PayPal account holders only; Standard is for both PayPal account holders and for credit card processing (limited to only website processing); Pro is exclusively for credit card processing (unlimited - virtual terminal, ect…).[/QUOTE]

I think standard uses a paypal pci secure page. Which means you will checkout on a paypal secure page.

Pro will allow you to checkout on your website checkout as normal but requires your own pci secure site.

express is for paypal account holders but I think it’s a button that comes with the pro package so you can utilize both options…pro and express.

Hell I don’t know…haven’t got this far yet.:stuck_out_tongue:

Stu

Thank you for the input.

In looking at paypal and comparing standard to pro they both claim to accept paypal payments

“Online shoppers love the convenience and security of PayPal, where they can pay from their PayPal balance, bank account, or credit card. Satisfy your PayPal customers.”

So, I’m guessing here that it is a limitation of the paypal module within cs cart?

Thanks for your time.

Eric

So I just configured the shopping cart for the paypal standard and it works as it is supposed to.

Thank you for your efforts. To bad the paypal pro module in the cart does not support that one aspect.

Support at CS Cart has confirmed the the module is only intended to work as a credit card processor.

I have configured PayPal standard for the cart and completed a test transaction successfully (live mode) and have since gone live with it.

We are getting duplicate transactions for each order. We get an order with an “Open” status and another with a “Processed” status.

In looking at our PayPal account there is only one charge/deposit so that is good.

I see nothing in the configuration of the module within the cart that explains this.

Anyone have a thought?

Thank you for your time.

Eric

The Standard version is setup to redirect the customer to PayPal. It is probably creating 2 different orders because you have it configured to pay at your site but it is also sending an order to PayPal.?

OK I just confirmed another level of my insanity.

So, I was on the telephone with our PayPal support person who encouraged us to move from standard to express. We disabled standard and configured express. All seemed well, first order came through and failed (not sure why yet). I then placed a test order which was successful but…

when I chose paypal express and clicked on the place order icon it completed the transaction without my logging into my paypal account. Somehow it did this successfully. Now I had been logged into my paypal account on this pc but had logged out and was actually logged in, at the time of this order, in the paypal account configured for our website.

riddle me this Batman?

After another chat with paypal support we both are scratching our heads. The only explanation we can think of is that there was a cookie that kept all the information despite having been logged out of my paypal account. Once I cleared the cookies and processed another transaction it behaved properly by transporting me to paypal and asking me to log in to complete the transaction.

The failed transaction was the result of the customers cc on file with paypal no longer being valid.

I guess we’ll give it a couple of days and see what happens.

Thanks for all the help it is most appreciated.

Eric

[quote name=‘fenwick’]After another chat with paypal support we both are scratching our heads. The only explanation we can think of is that there was a cookie that kept all the information despite having been logged out of my paypal account. Once I cleared the cookies and processed another transaction it behaved properly by transporting me to paypal and asking me to log in to complete the transaction.

The failed transaction was the result of the customers cc on file with paypal no longer being valid.

I guess we’ll give it a couple of days and see what happens.

Thanks for all the help it is most appreciated.

Eric[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the solution. I’m bout to go down this road in the coming weeks and I’m sure I’ll be referencing this post.

Stu

Note that in PayPall express there is no option to pay with a credit card and not login to PayPall. In Pro, it only allows CC. So the most flexible option for customers is PayPal Standard.