PayPal Pro Config & KB

The KB here needs an update when it comes to PayPal Pro setup.

[URL]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

This shows a different screen than the cart actually uses. 2.0.12 has the option to use a key or a signature and has a block for the signature.

Also, posts are saying to go to your PayPal account>Profile>Request API Credentials but actually you go to your Profile>Website Payment Certificates to get your certificate. (Update: My PayPal API area was like this because I had already setup API credentials using the signature method)

I’m at a stand still right now as I have one account but multiple domains and need to talk to PayPal about how to handle that. (Update: not a problem with a Business account)

I’ll update the full process here so people will have a more accurate and up to date method of setting up PP other than what the KB says.

Update: See Page 2 for the full answer regarding errors using the signature method.

[quote name=‘American’]The KB here needs an update when it comes to PayPal Pro setup.

This shows a different screen than the cart actually uses. 2.0.12 has the option to use a key or a signature and has a block for the signature.

Also, posts are saying to go to your PayPal account>Profile>Request API Credentials but actually you go to your Profile>Website Payment Certificates to get your certificate.

I’m at a stand still right now as I have one account but multiple domains and need to talk to PayPal about how to handle that.

I’ll update the full process here so people will have a more accurate and up to date method of setting up PP other than what the KB says.[/quote]

Thanks for the update keep us posted!

[QUOTE]I’m at a stand still right now as I have one account but multiple domains and need to talk to PayPal about how to handle that.[/QUOTE]

To do this you would need to choose the “Signature” method for your Paypal Authentication Method, the “Certificate” method does not allow multiple domains.

Interesting thing is that CS-Cart has updated the PayPal Pro processor to use either Signature or Certificate Authentication Methods, however, they have not updated this for the PayPal Express Checkout in the processor list! :confused:

I have another store front that uses CRELoaded which has been operating successfully for several years. CRE uses the signature method and is using my api credentials and taking orders as I write this.

I tried going back to the Signature method and get this error when I try to process the order from the admin area (I’m leaving off the post/soap data):

Response: HTTPS: libcurl error(35): error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure

Now, my API info was issued back in 2007 but works just fine with my CRE store so I can’t imagine why it won’t work with CSC. I have an umbrella company and the stores are merely domain names as far as the business is concerned. Regardless, the api credentials are issued without regard for the domain that is using them.

So… basically I need to know what the libcurl error above is about. Yes, I have libcurl:

cURL support enabled

cURL Information libcurl/7.19.7 OpenSSL/0.9.8b zlib/1.2.3

I’ve searched and searched the forums and google but can’t seem to get to the bottom of this.

Oh…and UPS and USPS is working just fine so I question the problem being purely Curl.

Something I just tried:

I created a test.php file using the instructions above:

```php error_reporting(E_ALL);
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,"https://www.paypal.com");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER,1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);

$html = curl_exec($ch);
echo $html;
?> ```And it goes on to say I should receive a response like this:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 11:24:21 GMT Server: Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 Cache-Control: private Pragma: no-cache Expires: Thu, 05 Jan 1995 22:00:00 GMT Content-Length: 18648 Set-Cookie:
But I get this instead:

[quote]Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/user/domains/motopipesusa.com/public_html/test.php on line 8

…and so on[/quote]So… obviously there is some sort of an issue.

[quote name=‘American’]So… obviously there is some sort of an issue.[/quote]

Right, there would be an issue but in the server configuration.

[url]http://www.cscartdemo.martfox.com/curltest.php[/url]

[SIZE=2]SafeMode is off and

[/SIZE][SIZE=2]open_basedir:[/SIZE][SIZE=2]/home/user/:/tmp:/var/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/[/SIZE][SIZE=2] no value[/SIZE]

[QUOTE]Now, my API info was issued back in 2007 but works just fine with my CRE store so I can’t imagine why it won’t work with CSC. I have an umbrella company and the stores are merely domain names as far as the business is concerned. Regardless, the api credentials are issued without regard for the domain that is using them.[/QUOTE]

You missed my point!

[QUOTE]Interesting thing is that CS-Cart has updated the PayPal Pro processor to use either Signature or Certificate Authentication Methods, however, they have not updated this for the PayPal Express Checkout in the processor list! [/QUOTE]

As it is now, you cannot use the “Signature Method” in CS-Cart when setting up PaPal Express…, they have not upgraded it yet to allow for the Signature Method. :wink:

No, I think I read it right. I’m setting up PayPal Pro not Express. Am I missing something?

[quote name=‘American’]No, I think I read it right. I’m setting up PayPal Pro not Express. Am I missing something?[/quote]

Then try the “PayPal Express”, I think there isn’t a big difference in the functionality.

[quote name=‘American’]No, I think I read it right. I’m setting up PayPal Pro not Express. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

As long as you aren’t setting up both Pro as well as Express, then the “Signature Method” for authentication should be working fine for you.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Then try the “PayPal Express”, I think there isn’t a big difference in the functionality.[/quote]

Well… Express is a checkout on PayPal’s site where Pro is a seamless gateway on mine. Now, having said that, I am also offering PayPal Standard as an option.

Why the 2 options? I have found over the years that while some people like PayPal they get confused, no matter how many times you tell them that they don’t need a PP account to pay you via PayPal it will send some running.

Some prefer a ‘normal’ credit card checkout in the store, so I give them the options. My CRE store does about 70% cc and 30% PP even though I offer the PP option so that should tell you something about people’s checkout habits when presented with both options.

[quote name=‘Struck’]As long as you aren’t setting up both Pro as well as Express, then the “Signature Method” for authentication should be working fine for you.[/quote]

Ok… everybody forget about Express… I’m working on Pro. :slight_smile:

I’m not setting up both and agree that the sig method should be working…but it’s not.

As I said above, I do offer PP Standard but it simply uses the PP account ID to identify you to PP… not the API ID.

Nobody knows how to fix this in regards to PayPal Pro?

[QUOTE]Response: HTTPS: libcurl error(35): error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure[/QUOTE]

I’ve been waiting since yesterday for a ticket response and really need to get this fixed as I can’t accept CC payment other than through PP Standard.

[quote name=‘American’]I’ve been waiting since yesterday for a ticket response and really need to get this fixed as I can’t accept CC payment other than through PP Standard.[/QUOTE]

They don’t work weekends and today is a national holiday in Russia. You should get an answer tomorrow or maybe someone here will chime in.

Bob

[quote name=‘American’]Nobody knows how to fix this in regards to PayPal Pro?

I’ve been waiting since yesterday for a ticket response and really need to get this fixed as I can’t accept CC payment other than through PP Standard.[/QUOTE]

Wish I could help you more, however, although our site is using Paypal Pro (as well as Express) we are using the Certificate method of authentication which has worked for us without error for approx. 6 months now.

If our site wasn’t live I would attempt to switch over to the Signature method to see what we experience…Sorry!

I assume you have already verified that all of the correct files are in place, not missing anything & that you have double checked permissions settings.

Too bad that you are already using your certificate method on the cre store, otherwise at least you would have a temporary fix until you get the Sig method resolved! :frowning:

Brad, CS-Cart JUST made changes in Version 2.0.12 allowing the option to use either certification method (was part of the 3d Secure addition).

Did you do a fresh install of 2.0.12, or did you upgrade an older version?

Obvious reason I am asking is in case of an upgrade error.

I’m not using the certification method. I’m using the signature method in my CRELoaded store and that is what I intend to use in my CSC store.

This was a fresh installation of 2.0.12. I prefer the signature method anyway.

I wonder… does the API need a certain port open in the firewall? I would think that https port 443 would do the trick and since it not ldap or anything like that I can’t imagine it needing a special port to be open.

If you do use this method as in the screenshots then it works fine with CSC.

image-062.jpg

image-061.jpg

[quote name=‘indy0077’]If you do use this method as in the screenshots then it works fine with CSC.[/quote]

That’s the info I’m using, just as in my CRELoaded store. Maybe I’ll get a response from support tonight some time. I don’t know if it’s a server config issue with SSL or Curl (I don’t have issues with UPS/USPS that depend on Curl) or if I’m missing something simple or if it’s a CSC issue.