Paypal Pro Authorization

I have setup Paypal Pro on my site and it works, but where can I change this to Authorization instead of Sale?

Anyone. I have already contacted paypal and they said this is done through the cart not through paypal.

I have been using oscommerce for a few years and I would make this adjustment through the admin area. I am still in the learning process with this cart and I cannot figure this out. My inventory levels go up and down fast, I don't like charging a customer before shipping an item.

Am I the only one who has this problem?

I never knew that “Authorization” was even capable with PayPal.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1313012177' post='119303']

I never knew that “Authorization” was even capable with PayPal.

[/quote]

In oscommerce there is the ability to select sale or authorize (one of the very few things oscommerce is good for). I thought there was also an option within paypal but they said that is controlled by the cart.

I would switch to another processor but paypal lets you run up to 7 stores with one api which saves money on monthly fees.

You will need to modify paypal.php under 'payments' directory.

find:

after add:

[quote name='nmb' timestamp='1313382737' post='119510']

You will need to modify paypal.php under 'payments' directory.

find:

after add:

[/quote]

Awesome. I owe you. I was about to look for a mod to be built. We also went into the paypal_pro.php and changed the line:

$paypal_payment_action = 'Sale'; // FIXME: Should be configurable

to

$paypal_payment_action = 'Authorization'; // FIXME: Should be configurable

Hey people,

With this solution provided (which I haven't tested yet), how would you go about capturing the payment once you are ready?

Thanks!

So I went ahead and tested this out to see how the capturing process works, and it's simple.

You just capture the payment from within your paypal account. I've tested it with both paypal standard and paypal pro and it works great.

Hope that helps others with the same question.