Its frustrating as my paypal payment customers are having a hard time making paypal payments.
They are getting "Unable to place Order, Please Try Again" .
they try many multiple times and eventually the orders do finally go through. Only thing is a
order is made each time customer tries to pay. I then have to manually delete each additional order
before the customer freaks out that they have identical multiple orders.
The credit card payments using Paypal website payments Pro are working perfectly.
DOing a search on google shows that many are experiencing this problem.
On paypals page they say cause is
As of March 29, 2017, PayPal has updated to a new, streamlined checkout experience:
Most integrations work with this new PayPal checkout automatically. However, some integrations have issues that cause the user experience to fail. Some of the most common reasons for failed validation checks are:
- Passing currency symbols ("$", "Â£", etc.) or values other than integers (1, 2, 3, etc.) and decimal points (â€œ.â€) in the amount field. For example, "1234.50" is correct, but "$1,234.50" isn't allowed.
- Passing country code values greater than two letters. For example, "FR" is correct, but "France" or "fr_FR" isn't allowed.
- Passing more than 127 characters in the item_number field. For example, don't use the item_number field for "Note to Buyer" information.
- Passing more than 64 characters in the option fields (on0, on1, etc.).
- Passing duplicate empty parameters.
- Passing address_override=1 without passing an address.
I looked through everything and honestly cant make heads or tails over it. Used to work perfectly
until lately and seems to get worse everyday.
Waiting for reply from paypal.
Im currently using 2.0.12 and using PayPal Website Payments Standard.
Is anyone else experiencing this?