Paypal & Failed Order

Hi All,

Not sure if others have this problem, but I have noticed a bit more “failed” orders lately with paypal payments. I noticed it with one of our regular customers so I asked him what it did when he tried to do an order.

He stated that he was directed to paypal, and it then kicked him back to our site in like a second, and of course giving him a failed order status. When he tried to re-order it then showed him multiple payments, making it look like he was paying twice, but no payments were ever made.

Anyone else have this problem, or know a fix for this? I have seen this happen about 5 times in the last week. We receive about 30 paypal orders a week.

Milezone

Are you using Paypal Express or Standard?

This is for orders using standard Paypal, not express or pro or anything like that, just standard paypal payments.

We process our credit cards via merchantone services.

Ok.

I have been having issues with Express. Standard seems to work ok.

No idea what is causing your issues, so good luck with that. Hope you can resolve it quickly.

[quote name=‘milezone’]This is for orders using standard Paypal, not express or pro or anything like that, just standard paypal payments.

We process our credit cards via merchantone services.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he pressed “back” accidentally? Or some browser, cache problem?

Is there a fix for this? I have only been seeing this recently, and again today we had 2 more users with same exact problem, where they select the paypal option, and it flashed Paypal for just a second and kicks them back to our site, showing them a failed order.

This could be a serious problem, if we start losing orders due to this? Any help would be great.

Milezone

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=13161[/url]

I had noticed this too, check out my thread for more info…

Alex

I think I figured out the problem. The customer is using rewards points and then paypal, and it seems to fail everytime because the amount is different?

Milezone

We continue to get failed orders. It is not resolved. Then when they try to pay with credit card the number doesn’t go through either.

This is a MAJOR issue!!

When you edit the PayPal payment method, do you see

“Warning!

The PHP CURL extension is not supported by your server. PayPal will not be operational. Please contact your hosting provider.”

? That was my problem. I installed php5-curl lib and it worked fine.