Paypal Express

Is paypal express working in 2.0.8? On my site when I select it as the payment method I get taken to my home page (after about a 5 second pause).

I have paypal pro setup and working taking credit cards directly on the site but cant get paypal express to work. I am using the same username, password, and cert file for it. I assume that is correct.

Is there anything particular I need to set differently at paypal (like on the websites payment preferences page)?

I have searched and haven’t come up with anything helpful and I can’t find anything about paypal express in the docs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Glen

[quote name=‘glenb’]Is paypal express working in 2.0.8? On my site when I select it as the payment method I get taken to my home page (after about a 5 second pause).

I have paypal pro setup and working taking credit cards directly on the site but cant get paypal express to work. I am using the same username, password, and cert file for it. I assume that is correct.

Is there anything particular I need to set differently at paypal (like on the websites payment preferences page)?

I have searched and haven’t come up with anything helpful and I can’t find anything about paypal express in the docs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Glen[/QUOTE]

Are you using it live or test mode? For test more you need developer account at paypal.

I’m using it live. I figured if paypal pro was working properly, express should also since it looks like it asks for the same settings. I process credit cards just fine (thankfully), but if you click on the paypal express option and then click the place order button, you get the home page (after a pause).

As a side note, if you press the “paypal” button in the cart instead of the check (normal) process, it does direct you to paypal.

-Glen

Also, I’ve seen people talking about settings at paypal. For example, on the “website payment preferences” page. Does anything there have to be changed for express to work? What about the “payment data transfer” setting?

-Glen

[quote name=‘glenb’]Also, I’ve seen people talking about settings at paypal. For example, on the “website payment preferences” page. Does anything there have to be changed for express to work? What about the “payment data transfer” setting?

-Glen[/QUOTE]

I don’t think paypal settings matter if instead of paypal you are moved to your sites home page. There might be something wrong with your server configuration.

btw, i’m on 2.0.7.

Well, I added the normal Paypal as a payment type and it simply returns me to the home page also. Oh well.

glenb,

Did you setup the PayPal IPN in your PayPal account? That is the return URL for your store.

Hope that helps.

Adam

[quote name=‘glenb’]Well, I added the normal Paypal as a payment type and it simply returns me to the home page also. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Similar problem discussed here but it is for SP3

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=749[/url]

Well, all is working now. Support (once they answered the ticket) came to the rescue. They say (I never saw it - but I do believe them), that something accidentally got entered into one of the “proxy” setting fields and so it was causing me all kinds of grief (although most of the site was still functional).

Also, just to complete the story, they increased the “memory_limit” setting in the config.local.php file from 48M to 128M.

Also, also, they say they fixed a “sessions” problem by making a slight code change in class.session.php.

All is well.

Now the admin page is telling me to upgrade. Do I need to be scared of that?

I’ll go read through the docs. What do most do - backup their data, backup their site, and then push the button?

-Glen

[QUOTE]Now the admin page is telling me to upgrade. Do I need to be scared of that?[/QUOTE]

YES, unless you are fearless! LOL :slight_smile:

Seriously, don’t even attempt to upgrade for at least a week as there are some serious upgrade issues with 2.09 being posted!