PayPal Express with PayPal Pro: no login boxes

On CS-Cart 2.0.11 I an using PayPay Pro. Here is what I did:

Administration->Payment Methods->Add Payment:

Processor: PayPal Express Checkout

Configure: I retrieved my API username and password from PayPal, as well as my certificate file. I placed a copy of the certificate file on my webserver under payments->certificates. Then I inserted the name of the certificate file in the textbox of the Configure page. I inserted the API username and password into their respective text boxes and Saved.

Here’s the problem:

When you are checking out, there is a PayPal option button and an empty text box (“If you have any notes regarding the order, please type them here:”), but nothing else. There are no text boxes for the customer’s PayPal email address or password. And if you click the “Place Order” button, it takes you to the “Order Info” page and tells you that the order failed.

Anybody know what I am doing wrong and how to fix this?

You screwed up the whole thing! :smiley:

You actually need to setup two payment methods, one for Paypal Pro as your credit card processor. Then, you need to setup a second one called Paypal Express of which you must select “Paypal Express Checkout” as the processor for this method. Then, the Paypal Express button will show up on your cart page.

You see, you are actually setting up two differnt payment methods at the same time. Paypal Pro, and Paypal Express Payments. :wink:

[quote name=‘Struck’]You screwed up the whole thing! :smiley:

You actually need to setup two payment methods, one for Paypal Pro as your credit card processor. Then, you need to setup a second one called Paypal Express of which you must select “Paypal Express Checkout” as the processor for this method. Then, the Paypal Express button will show up on your cart page.

You see, you are actually setting up two differnt payment methods at the same time. Paypal Pro, and Paypal Express Payments. ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually, I did set it up that way. I have a PayPal Pro payment method for credit cards and I have a separate PayPal Express payment method just for PayPal payments. The PayPal Pro method works just fine for credit cards. But the PayPal Express option does not work (no login text boxes).

You’re not going to get login boxes with PayPal Express because it does send the customer to PayPal to verify the address info then brings them back to your cart. You should only see the PayPal button which has to be clicked in order to pay by PayPal Express. I had a different problem with PayPal Express where it wouldn’t complete the order for me for some reason - gave me an error and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. I went back to PP Standard for now until I can get it tested on my test site.

Hello RBR,

Like Stepanie says,

You should only see the “Checkout with Paypal” Button in your actual shopping cart. So, if you add an item to your cart, then view the cart do you see the button?

We have been using paypal express for several months now rcvng multiple payments per day with this payment method and have not had any problems whatsoever, works flawless. :wink:

Okay. I guess I need to do some setup in my PayPal account. I had a stand-alone PayPal Express account one time and it worked fine. I just didn’t realize that it was supposed to work this same way when integrating PayPal Pro into CS-Cart.

Thanks so much for the quick response!

Yeah, Paypal has always made things far more confusing then they need to with their marketing terminology & the likes, hang in there you will get it up & working soon! :wink: