Payment Verification - Order Processing

I, too, use Authorize.net for my credit card processing and use it in the Authorize only option. All of my orders paid for with credit card come back as In Process and the credit card info is XXX’d out as well as indicates that the charge was authorized and successful. My inventory has also been removed at this point as well as at any time an order is set to Open with payments of check, cash, etc. PayPal Standard also sets the order to In Process UNLESS the order was not paid for in PayPal then it sits in Open status so I know that it wasn’t paid for in PayPal.

I believe all of my “return” statuses are working correctly as far as I can tell. When an order is cancelled or failed then inventory is returned or never removed, respectively.

I’m in 2.0.8 and really like where I am at this point. I’m a little scared to upgrade with all of the issues I keep seeing but, then again, I don’t have lots of mods at this point so maybe it would be good for me to upgrade now and not wait much longer! Now…to find the time!

I have Authorize.net in manual review mode so I can decide to accept or decline the order myself. With two websites selling the same unique items, once in a great while there is an inventory snafu and I’d rather catch it pre-payment than have to refund the order. Unfortunately, I don’t have so much sales volume that this is a hassle. I’d like to have that problem! :wink:

Thanks for your input, that helps me narrow it down.

In the meantime, can you tell me this: Are you showing or hiding your inventory in CS-Cart? I am also trying to hunt down an inventory problem and think these issues might be connected.

The setting I’m referring to is in Design/Appearance Settings, “Display In stock as a field”. I was reading elsewhere that when this box is checked, the cart does not track inventory. Checking it hides your inventory from the customer and simply displays “In Stock” or “Out of Stock” rather than a number.

[quote name=‘Dardanus’]I have Authorize.net in manual review mode so I can decide to accept or decline the order myself. With two websites selling the same unique items, once in a great while there is an inventory snafu and I’d rather catch it pre-payment than have to refund the order. Unfortunately, I don’t have so much sales volume that this is a hassle. I’d like to have that problem! :wink:

Thanks for your input, that helps me narrow it down.

In the meantime, can you tell me this: Are you showing or hiding your inventory in CS-Cart? I am also trying to hunt down an inventory problem and think these issues might be connected.

The setting I’m referring to is in Design/Appearance Settings, “Display In stock as a field”. I was reading elsewhere that when this box is checked, the cart does not track inventory. Checking it hides your inventory from the customer and simply displays “In Stock” or “Out of Stock” rather than a number.[/QUOTE]

Having the setting in Auth,net to authorize only is the same as manual approval in a way, you still need to login at Auth.net website to capture the funds or you can void the transaction and no charges will happen.

I don’t have my inventory showing otherwise I will have half of my products showing out of stock so I turned inventory tracking off for now until we have a better backorder system in place, it has been talked about around here in the past. There are some mods posted for this but not perfect . But I don’t think it should make a difference regarding the order statuses.

[QUOTE]Having the setting in Auth,net to authorize only is the same as manual approval in a way, you still need to login at Auth.net website to capture the funds[/QUOTE]

Hello Gasngrills,

CS-Cart allows seperate authorize & capture functionality within the admin for Authorize.net. This is currently only available for two payment processors at the present time, (can’t remember the other processor right this minute, might be Payflo Link).

I am hoping they allow store owners this functionality for more payment processors as time goes on!

[quote name=‘Struck’]Hello Gasngrills,

CS-Cart allows seperate authorize & capture functionality within the admin for Authorize.net. This is currently only available for two payment processors at the present time, (can’t remember the other processor right this minute, might be Payflo Link).

I am hoping they allow store owners this functionality for more payment processors as time goes on![/QUOTE]

Yes and this is also a requirement by credit card processors to not capture until the product has shipped then you can capture the funds.

[quote name=‘gasngrills’]Yes and this is also a requirement by credit card processors to not capture until the product has shipped then you can capture the funds.[/QUOTE]

Well, there is plenty of gray area in that requirement as well…

You can capture prior to shipping, you are just supposed to ship the goods within a reasonable amount of time, something like 24-36 hrs after capturing. We always capture prior to shipping, but then we ship extremely fast day in & day out thus seldom is it ever even a concern.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Well, there is plenty of gray area in that requirement as well…

You can capture prior to shipping, you are just supposed to ship the goods within a reasonable amount of time, something like 24-36 hrs after capturing. We always capture prior to shipping, but then we ship extremely fast day in & day out thus seldom is it ever even a concern.[/QUOTE]

Yes you are right, but I found it easier to have it setup as authorize only for other reasons as well then capture later in my opinion at least.

[quote name=‘gasngrills’]Yes you are right, but I found it easier to have it setup as authorize only for other reasons as well then capture later in my opinion at least.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if after doing an “Authorize only” you could do the capture as part of an invoicing process within the cart.

Bob

[quote name=‘gasngrills’]Yes you are right, but I found it easier to have it setup as authorize only for other reasons as well then capture later in my opinion at least.[/QUOTE]

It is very nice to have the added flexibility of authorizing & capturing seperately.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]It would be nice if after doing an “Authorize only” you could do the capture as part of an invoicing process within the cart.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Yes, or maybe even when the order status changed to Shipped? But regardless, having something automatically trigger the capture process would be a nice time saver!

[quote name=‘jobosales’]It would be nice if after doing an “Authorize only” you could do the capture as part of an invoicing process within the cart.

Bob[/QUOTE]

There you go Bob, you have a nice way of talking to the developers.This would be great and I think it can be done with the same logic they do to authorize.

Joe

[quote name=‘gasngrills’]There you go Bob, you have a nice way of talking to the developers.This would be great and I think it can be done with the same logic they do to authorize.[/QUOTE]

I think the developers are somewhat resistant to this because it does not apply broadly to all payment processors.

The basic framework is now there: they could extend the “shipments” system to allow creation of an invoice based on what items were shipped - this is how Magento works and it is pretty clean. You should be able to adjust charges during this “invoicing” step. It has been on my list of things to request but has never quite reached near the top. I have been kind of putting it off knowing that the developers plan to work on a backorder system which would impact this since they would need to move order status information form the order to the line item level including relating invoices and order line items.

They are currently heading in another direction based on the order placement improvements in the Roadmap area:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16180[/url]

They could possibly allow the storeowner to specify which order status triggers the capture and allow adjustments at the shipping step. This would be a decent compromise solution until the backorder system is implemented. Unfortunately, I have no votes left so I cannot create a new idea in the UserVoice system.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I think the developers are somewhat resistant to this because it does not apply broadly to all payment processors.

The basic framework is now there: they could extend the “shipments” system to allow creation of an invoice based on what items were shipped - this is how Magento works and it is pretty clean. You should be able to adjust charges during this “invoicing” step. It has been on my list of things to request but has never quite reached near the top. I have been kind of putting it off knowing that the developers plan to work on a backorder system which would impact this since they would need to move order status information form the order to the line item level including relating invoices and order line items.

They are currently heading in another direction based on the order placement improvements in the Roadmap area:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16180[/url]

They could possibly allow the storeowner to specify which order status triggers the capture and allow adjustments at the shipping step. This would be a decent compromise solution until the backorder system is implemented. Unfortunately, I have no votes left so I cannot create a new idea in the UserVoice system.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Nevertheless this would be great time saver, I personally would rather see the backorder system before this , may be down the road we can see this in the roadmap. I’m like you I don’t have any votes left either I used all mine on your Ideas which are well deserved.

Joe