Pay Per Click - better configuration?

Hello Folks,

I would like to know more about Affiliate program.

In affiliate tab we can see links:

* Product groups

* Banners

* Plans

* Affiliates

* Approve commissions

* Pay affiliates

* Payouts

* Accounting History

I had a software called idevaffiliate (idevdirect.com ) and it gave me information about HOW UNIQUE clicks came from one affiliate, it knew about fraud, for example, if a person with the same IP click in the link, it did not count.

My doubt about Cs-Cart system is to know more about these features.

Is possible to know if a person is not frauding a pay per click campaign?

How can I filter it?

How many days can I give for a cookie for a person that bring a new costumer for our webstore? 30 days is possible?

If 2 person bring a person to the same webstore, how to adjust for one of them earn the comission for a sale made inside the webstore?

Is there any doc about Cs-cart affiliate program configuration?

Has anywebsite using it? How can you know that is not happening fraud in your clicks?

Tks!

I think I will use pay per click in idev system and Pay per comission in Cs-cart.

My doubt is if everything is working fine in 2.0.12 version.

Nobody has used it, yet?

I user has just register like an affiliate.

In his account we see like STATUS: “waiting aprovation”

I, like Admin, can not change this status.

There is a link (Change) but I click in it and nothing change.

version: 2.0.12

Is this a problem of this version?

SEE ATTACH IMAGE TO UNDERSTAND BETTER

affiliate.jpg

[quote name=‘dragondf’]I user has just register like an affiliate.

In his account we see like STATUS: “waiting aprovation”

I, like Admin, can not change this status.

There is a link (Change) but I click in it and nothing change.

version: 2.0.12

Is this a problem of this version?

[/QUOTE]

Go to Users->Affiliates and place a check in front of any affiliates you want to approve. Then, select ‘Approve selected’ from the “Choose action” menu - fill in your reason (or other information you want included in the approval email) and then hit the “Proceed” button. Now you can assign a plan to the affiliate.

Bob

[QUOTE]Go to Users->Affiliates and place a check in front of any affiliates you want to approve. Then, select ‘Approve selected’ from the “Choose action” menu - fill in your reason (or other information you want included in the approval email) and then hit the “Proceed” button. Now you can assign a plan to the affiliate.[/QUOTE]

Hello Bob,

Sorry, but I haven’t found this option in my version.

In attachment the image for you see if I did something wrong.

Tks!

affiliates2.jpg

Sorry. I should have said go to Affiliates->Affiliates and place a check on those affiliates you want to approve. Then, choose ‘Approve selected’ from the “Choose action” menu.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Sorry. I should have said go to Affiliates->Affiliates and place a check on those affiliates you want to approve. Then, choose ‘Approve selected’ from the “Choose action” menu.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Thanks for try.

I tryed to find something in doc.cs-cart… but I haven’t found anything there.

We can see something in the old version 1.3.5, but nothing about this new one.

I REALLY need to make it works. If this not happen I will need to try another solution.

Is your 2.0.14 version working fine? Or you have any problem when you upload it?

I am afraid about lose any configuration or translation, specially about PRODUCTS and IMAGES.

2.0.14 works fine for me - I run into the occasional bug but no showstoppers for me.

Not sure why you are not seeing the option to approve affiliates from the affiliates list (dispatch=partners.manage). Can you confirm this is where you are looking?

Bob

[quote name=‘dragondf’]Thanks for try.

I tryed to find something in doc.cs-cart… but I haven’t found anything there.

We can see something in the old version 1.3.5, but nothing about this new one.

I REALLY need to make it works. If this not happen I will need to try another solution.

Is your 2.0.14 version working fine? Or you have any problem when you upload it?

I am afraid about lose any configuration or translation, specially about PRODUCTS and IMAGES.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, while I was answering you changed your answer.

YES, IT WORKS. Now I have a way to get an affiliate member in our website.

Now, I have a NEW PROBLEM:

Like the affiliate member (not admin) I haven’t found where I can get the graphic banner I created (like admin) in a DEFAULT PLAN.

Member can loggin and in MY ACCOUNT he has no information about this.

Is 2.0.14 better then 2.012 about affiliate program?

Tks!

Sorry about the confusion. I realized that I had not answered correctly and wanted to double-check before posting again.

Have you set up an an Affiliate block in Design->Blocks? Once you do that, the block should appear when the affiliate logs in and they can then choose their banners.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Sorry about the confusion. I realized that I had not answered correctly and wanted to double-check before posting again.

Have you set up an an Affiliate block in Design->Blocks? Once you do that, the block should appear when the affiliate logs in and they can then choose their banners.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your help.

Unhappily our CS-CART software could not create a good documentation and tutorials about these new version.

Your help was very usefull.

I am afraid to change things to new version and… for one reason… lose everything I did in this 2.0.12

How could I know that I need to Active a new block? If you don’t say… I could not know it.

I have a lot of doubts, yet…kkkkkk.

I hope you have a very good time to answer…hehehe

Have a nice week.

There is no question that the documentation needs to improve. Fortunately, there are a lot of helpful people in the forums. However, in fairness to CS-Cart, the need for the block is discussed in the Knowledgebase:

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Bob

Tks for your help.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Go to Users->Affiliates and place a check in front of any affiliates you want to approve. Then, select ‘Approve selected’ from the “Choose action” menu - fill in your reason (or other information you want included in the approval email) and then hit the “Proceed” button. Now you can assign a plan to the affiliate.

Bob[/QUOTE]

In version 2.0.15 I did this and I think it worked. Let’s see.

:slight_smile:

I think the whole affiliate system must reworked, because the affiliates do not see the statistics clicks realtime and so on, also not useable for affiliates.

[quote name=‘Triplex’]I think the whole affiliate system must reworked, because the affiliates do not see the statistics clicks realtime and so on, also not useable for affiliates.[/QUOTE]

And what about COMISSION?

Example:

1. Affiliate person insert a banner in his website.
  2. Another person click in this banner and goes to your website (cs-cart).
  3. This person buy something in cs-cart system.

When Affiliate were in his account, will he see his comission? For example: $2.35 for that sale?

Because I am not afraid about CLICKS, but I am afraid about COMISSION. Comission need to work very well.

I will make tests today. In 2.0.12 version, banner was not working… when I clicked it… I went to another page and not not a PRODUCT’s page like I configured.

I would use a third party affiliate script. I don’t think CS-Cart can make an “all in one” script with cart, live help, affiliates, and, and and that will work as others separate known solutions… it’s impossible.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]I would use a third party affiliate script. I don’t think CS-Cart can make an “all in one” script with cart, live help, affiliates, and, and and that will work as others separate known solutions… it’s impossible.[/QUOTE]

Hello Indy0077,

You use a third party affiliate script INSIDE cs-cart OR in another place, like a specific script?

We know that are a lot of softwares for specific uses like you said: live chat, forum, affiliates.

When we are talking about PAY PER CLICK, maybe a lot of softwares will work very well alone.

But, when we are talking about PAY PER COMMISSION, I think this is not very easy to configure everything to the script know that SOMEONE HAS JUST paid for an order.

I don’t like to pay per click. Some fraud, not good results (sales).

At least, in my case I have some difficult.

I asked here because, MAYBE, someone is using it with good results (MAYBE, I SAID, because until now… I haven’t read anyone who said something good about it).

I will try to use. Let’s wait a bit more about if it is working in this new version or not.

Tks