Pages Visible Only For Vendor Admins

Hi there,

I'd like to create some comprehensive faq/help pages for vendors. Would be useful to make it visible only for them, not for the public.

Is there any way to do this? I tried to use user groups but:
1) I can't assign them to vendor admins

2) I can't see new groups in Page settings

Any suggestions?

Hi there,

I'd like to create some comprehensive faq/help pages for vendors. Would be useful to make it visible only for them, not for the public.

Is there any way to do this? I tried to use user groups but:
1) I can't assign them to vendor admins

2) I can't see new groups in Page settings

Any suggestions?

Hello!

1) Did you create the administrator user groups?

2) To show administrator user groups in page settings replace this code

{include file="common/select_usergroups.tpl" id="ug_id" name="page_data[usergroup_ids]" usergroups=["type"=>"C", "status"=>["A", "H"]]|fn_get_usergroups:$smarty.const.DESCR_SL usergroup_ids=$page_data.usergroup_ids input_extra="" list_mode=false}

with this one

{include file="common/select_usergroups.tpl" id="ug_id" name="page_data[usergroup_ids]" usergroups=["status"=>["A", "H"]]|fn_get_usergroups:$smarty.const.DESCR_SL usergroup_ids=$page_data.usergroup_ids input_extra="" list_mode=false} 

in the design/backend/templates/views/pages/update.tpl.

It might be better to create the pages in the vendor panel (/vendor.php), not in the customer area.

I am afraid, you cannot assign objects to administrator usergroups

Hello!

1) Did you create the administrator user groups?
2) To show administrator user groups in page settings replace this code

{include file="common/select_usergroups.tpl" id="ug_id" name="page_data[usergroup_ids]" usergroups=["type"=>"C", "status"=>["A", "H"]]|fn_get_usergroups:$smarty.const.DESCR_SL usergroup_ids=$page_data.usergroup_ids input_extra="" list_mode=false}
with this one
{include file="common/select_usergroups.tpl" id="ug_id" name="page_data[usergroup_ids]" usergroups=["status"=>["A", "H"]]|fn_get_usergroups:$smarty.const.DESCR_SL usergroup_ids=$page_data.usergroup_ids input_extra="" list_mode=false}
in the design/backend/templates/views/pages/update.tpl.

It might be better to create the pages in the vendor panel (/vendor.php), not in the customer area.
Hi Oleg, thanks!
Is there any way to create normal cs cart page (with all editing capabilities) in the vendor area, or would I have to do it programmatically?

Hi Oleg, thanks!
Is there any way to create normal cs cart page (with all editing capabilities) in the vendor area, or would I have to do it programmatically?

As far as I understand, these pages should be displayed in the vendor area, right? In this case, it is not possible with additional custom development work

Hi Oleg, thanks!

You will need to do it programmatically.

Actually there could as well be just a link in the vendor area and the page itself would be a regular page on the frontend, however with additional permission check for vendor admins only. I think it makes more sense, since the whole existing infrastructure for page managemenet could be used.

You can create hidden pages and add HTML block with SMARTY support for the store-front with the following code

{if $auth.user_type == 'V'}
LINKS TO HIDDEN PAGES HERE
{/if}

Can't you just use the "ACCOUNT_TYPE" == "vendor" condition?

Can't you just use the "ACCOUNT_TYPE" == "vendor" condition?

Yes, but it will not work if you choose vendor in the admin area