Page Not Found Error

Hi,

After uploading a product catalog, I found myself with a little problem.

When the products are created, a fake link seems to be added to each product (the same for all) and therefore, when I go to the product detail, I get a “404 Page not found” Error… Why is this happening? How can I fix this?

It seems like the only way is to manually enter into the product detail as an admin, then save the file (without changing anything) and then it would work, but I dont find this a easy automated way to do this. Whats going on ?:confused:

After successfully adding several products, I now get 404 page not found errors on all added products!

I deleted all the products, even the successful ones, and now every product added generates a 404 error in the storefront!

Nice… really nice!

I am starting to envy the basic cart programs that don’t have all the bells and whistles that keep breaking…

Version 2.12

There could be several reasons for this. Check your .htaccess file especially if your site is in a directory other than the root. Also check your config.local.php. You haven’t given enough information about your site URL. This would be tied into the SEO addon as well.

[quote name=‘SuperDave’]After successfully adding several products, I now get 404 page not found errors on all added products!

I deleted all the products, even the successful ones, and now every product added generates a 404 error in the storefront!

Nice… really nice!

I am starting to envy the basic cart programs that don’t have all the bells and whistles that keep breaking…

Version 2.12[/QUOTE]

Well, I tried again this morning… got two good product additions, then it started all over again… 404 Errors up the old bung-hole!

This is just too random to be anything else but CS-Cart!

Screw all the bells and whistles and get this monstrosity fixed! What good is a cart that has brain farts doing the simplest of tasks… like adding products… so it can actually be considered a SHOPPING CART!

What you save in initial cost, you more than spend in trying to make it do basic functions. With all the issues, we have spent in contracted outside help from CS-Cart and their re-sellers and our own internal time, over $5K on this porker and still don’t have a functioning cart!

I wonder how long you can “own” this disaster and still get a refund…

[quote name=‘SuperDave’]Well, I tried again this morning… got two good product additions, then it started all over again… 404 Errors up the old bung-hole!

This is just too random to be anything else but CS-Cart!

Screw all the bells and whistles and get this monstrosity fixed! What good is a cart that has brain farts doing the simplest of tasks… like adding products… so it can actually be considered a SHOPPING CART!

What you save in initial cost, you more than spend in trying to make it do basic functions. With all the issues, we have spent in contracted outside help from CS-Cart and their re-sellers and our own internal time, over $5K on this porker and still don’t have a functioning cart!

I wonder how long you can “own” this disaster and still get a refund…[/quote]

Look people I can’t really hear that **** what are you talking about anymore!!! If you all think it’s the CS-Cart fault then I can make an offer for everyone who “DON’T KNOW ANYTHING” about how to set up CS-Cart and what should be the server settings.

Just send me a PM and I can give you a full access to an CS-Cart installation which works; ADMIN + STOREFRONT

Here are a few examples of a “working” CS-Cart:

http://www.cscartdemo.martfox.com

http://www.cs-cart-demo.martfox.com

http://www.cscart-demo.martfox.com

THAT’S ALL.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Look people I can’t really hear that **** what are you talking about!!! If you all think it’s the CS-Cart fault then I can make an offer for everyone who “DONT KNOW ANYTHING” about how to set up CS-Cart and what should be the server settings.

Just send me a PM and I can give you a full access to an CS-Cart installation which works; ADMIN + STOREFRONT

Here are a few examples of a “working” CS-Cart:

http://www.cscartdemo.martfox.com

http://www.cs-cart-demo.martfox.com

http://www.cscart-demo.martfox.com

THAT’S ALL.[/QUOTE]

CS-Cart was paid a good sum of $$$$ to set up their own cart on the server, so maybe you should point your “offer” to them [COLOR=“DarkRed”]"If you all think it’s the CS-Cart fault then I can make an offer for everyone whoDONT KNOW ANYTHING" about how to set up CS-Cart and what should be the server settings.”[/COLOR] … they seem to need all the help they can get.

As for a “working” cart example, we were shown many “working” examples. It’s interesting how fast things go down hill after you part with your cash.

All you need to do is look at how many “404 Errors” have been posted and little or no solutions offered.

It’s also ironic how many posts are made every day with countless problems with CS-Cart. That has to tell you something… either us “users” are the dumbest people on the planet or this cart has problems… All the posts from “experienced” users regarding one problem after another answers that question.

So does the laundry list of “fixes” in version 2.12… as does the simple fact that CS-Cart has so many 2.0 versions in less than a year! What does that tell you! Can you say “baling wire and duct tape”?

This cart may be great for people that re-sell it to customers and then get “maintenance fees” up the ying-yang to keep it together… or who have nothing better to do with their time than do the .PHP Dance.

The fact remains that the cart is promoted as a full featured, well functioning and well supported cart, which is debatable. Nowhere do they promote the need for a full-time PHP guru or an outsourced support contract, either of which an end user better be ready to pony up the $$$$$ for.

Sorry, the “Emperor Has No Clothes.”

99% of errors I have been involved with on others’ carts are either user error or server errors and NOT CS-Cart issues.

If you PM me your ftp and admin back end logins I’ll see what your problem is.

I think the problem with your cart would be somewhere else as in the script itself. I can ask our customers who host their CS-Cart’s on our servers to post some reviews of their CS-Cart, but I don’t know one who has a problem with it.

I have Cs Cart hoseted at Martfox since having sh***y problems with 1and1, Once it was loaded on to Martfox servers everything was fine.

Change over, they will install it for you.

John

There is a user manual for you to maybe read here, has an entire section about installation.

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[QUOTE]With all the issues, we have spent in contracted outside help from CS-Cart and their re-sellers and our own internal time, over $5K on this porker and still don’t have a functioning cart![/QUOTE]

Wow, you got screwed! :smiley:

We have been up & running on CS-Cart since August, 2009, upgraded incrementally from 1.3.5 to 2.0.12, total cost = $265.00 OUCH! :smiley:

The points made previously seem to be going unnoticed.

1. If it was installed wrong, CS-Cart was paid to install it. It worked fine until 2.12.

2. ?cc is not the issue. This has been done countless times. No joy.

3. From CS-Carts home page: “Our shopping cart software can be effectively used both by beginners in online business and representatives of medium and large companies. Even novice users are able to manage an online store built on CS-Cart ecommerce solution and use its features to gain increase in online sales.

Besides, in order for you to succeed in getting started, we also provide one month of free technical support from our top-notch team of professionals with your CS-Cart license.”

4. CS-Cart is working on version 2.13…! Thirteen (13) revisions in less than a year…! and we are not talking “enhancements” or “features”… most of these are repairs!

5. Why only after 2.12 and never before that?

Given the number of posts regarding how to “work around” the flaws with code posted by PHP savvy programmers, I suspect that point #3 is a bit overstated.

Given the number of repair revisions and the quantity of issues being repaired, it is reasonable to assume that CS-Cart is still fraught with issues… which are, apparently, easier to blame on “installation” (see point #1) and “99% user error”… which conflicts with point #3

I am not sure what their “top-notch team of professionals” do, but from where I stand, the Forum is doing most of the troubleshooting, solution development and “workarounds.” It is sad that a CS-Cart client has to spend all their support credits on bug issues and flaws… But I guess it keeps resellers that do custom PHP work in business.

[quote name=‘SuperDave’]But I guess it keeps resellers that do custom PHP work in business.[/quote]

We’re reseller of CS-Cart and never heard something from our customers that their cart is not working or some big problems. I can remember of two issues (importing of products and a WorldPay gateway issue) which had been fixed within 24 hours by providing us with the code-fix. All carts we sold are working - and not only on our servers.

And however, and as I said SuperDave: I can make you sure the CS-Cart works very well and without to spend $$$$ as you did.

Who did you pay $5k to? and if you paid CS for installation I assume your cart worked when then finished the install?

Sounds like we are missing part of the story here…did you attempt an upgrade or something? apply code hacks to your store?

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]Who did you pay $5k to? and if you paid CS for installation I assume your cart worked when then finished the install?

Sounds like we are missing part of the story here…did you attempt an upgrade or something? apply code hacks to your store?[/QUOTE]

Well, most people would count their Admin costs in setting up and maintaining CS-Cart as part of part of their cost structure. Then again, if you work for free and do the CS-Cart thing just for giggles, then I can see where $5K might sound unreasonable.

As for missing part of the story, well, it’s most likely because people are not paying attention and trying to blame it on the installation. And it’s not “if” we paid CS-Cart, we did pay CS-Cart.

The basic cart worked after the initial install. As stated previously, this issue arose with 2.12.

We paid for the upgrade install too.

As for applying “code hacks” to our store, you must be kidding.

I guess I must be kidding…good luck with your problem. :rolleyes:

At the moment, I believe we have a solution.

Call it a bug, flaw, very poor documentation, or all three, (I vote for all three).

When you create a product title, CS-Cart automatically creates the SEO name using the same name as in the product title you just created.

When you end the product name with a number, (i.e. “Item Name-1”, “Item Name-2”, etc… for those in Rio Linda), the CS-Cart Storefront goes into meltdown when you click on the link.

After editing the SEO name by converting the number to it’s text equivalent, (i.e. change “Item Name-1” to “Item Name-one”…), the storefront functioned properly… for the time being…

Seems “logical” that since CS-Cart creates the SEO name, it would generate a warning that the SEO name cannot end in a number… then again…

Hope this helps someone else downstream…

[quote name=‘SuperDave’]At the moment, I believe we have a solution.

Call it a bug, flaw, very poor documentation, or all three, (I vote for all three).

When you create a product title, CS-Cart automatically creates the SEO name using the same name as in the product title you just created.

When you end the product name with a number, (i.e. “Item Name-1”, “Item Name-2”, etc… for those in Rio Linda), the CS-Cart Storefront goes into meltdown when you click on the link.

After editing the SEO name by converting the number to it’s text equivalent, (i.e. change “Item Name-1” to “Item Name-one”…), the storefront functioned properly… for the time being…

Seems “logical” that since CS-Cart creates the SEO name, it would generate a warning that the SEO name cannot end in a number… then again…

Hope this helps someone else downstream…[/quote]

What do you talking about??? Are you sure you do use currently CS-Cart? :smiley:

[URL]http://www.cscartdemo.martfox.com/the-zen-of-css-design-visual-enlightenment-for-the-web-1.html[/URL]

EDIT: SuperDave are you there???

Not sure how he is having this problem. 80% of our items end in numbers and we have no problems at all. Only issues that I have had with CS-Cart now for over 2 years was my hosting.

But what I did notice but can’t remember what version this was. When you would create a new product and then after go and change the name the SEO name would stay the old name which when turning on SEO would have an invalid link.

[quote name=‘CutRiteFX’]When you would create a new product and then after go and change the name the SEO name would stay the old name which when turning on SEO would have an invalid link.[/quote]

Right, that means when you change the name (title of the product) you have to go to Addons in the product window, delete the entry in the seo fileld and click on “Save”. The new seo link will be generated automatically.