Out of stock notification Instructions

Out of stock notification Instructions - does anyone know where the official CS Cart instructions are?

I have seen a couple of posts on the forum but that is all I could find.

Hello Traveler,

Unfortunately, we do not have these instructions yet. But we will certainly add them to our Reference guide and CS-Cart manuals soon.

In order to use this functionality, you should select “Sign up for notification” in the “Out of stock actions” drop-down list when editing a product in the administration panel. If this product is out of stock, a text input field will be displayed on the products details page on the storefront where a customer can enter his/her e-mail address. After the product becomes in-stock, a customer will receive an e-mail notification about it.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Just a note on that - it would be nice if their was a confirmation to the user once they hit submit for the out of stock notification. first time I tested it, I submitted twice thinking that it hadnt gone through. There's no feedback to the user that they have successfully signed up for a notification.

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1310552689' post='117171']

Hello Traveler,

Unfortunately, we do not have these instructions yet. But we will certainly add them to our Reference guide and CS-Cart manuals soon.

In order to use this functionality, you should select “Sign up for notification” in the “Out of stock actions” drop-down list when editing a product in the administration panel. If this product is out of stock, a text input field will be displayed on the products details page on the storefront where a customer can enter his/her e-mail address. After the product becomes in-stock, a customer will receive an e-mail notification about it.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Hello Scott_C,

I would like to inform you that since recently we have used the UserVoice service to accept new feature requests and suggestions on improving CS-Cart: http://cscart.uservoice.com

We would like to ask you to post your suggestion to the CS-Cart forum at uservoice.com. The detailed information and explanation why these improvements are important to be implemented will help it to earn more votes and probably be among the top features that might be added to CS-Cart.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Thanks Pavel, done. :)

http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional/suggestions/2034787-out-of-stock-notification?ref=title

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’ timestamp=‘1310630825’ post=‘117272’]

Hello Scott_C,

I would like to inform you that since recently we have used the UserVoice service to accept new feature requests and suggestions on improving CS-Cart: http://cscart.uservoice.com

We would like to ask you to post your suggestion to the CS-Cart forum at uservoice.com. The detailed information and explanation why these improvements are important to be implemented will help it to earn more votes and probably be among the top features that might be added to CS-Cart.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1310552689' post='117171']In order to use this functionality, you should select “Sign up for notification” in the “Out of stock actions” drop-down list when editing a product in the administration panel. If this product is out of stock, a text input field will be displayed on the products details page on the storefront where a customer can enter his/her e-mail address. After the product becomes in-stock, a customer will receive an e-mail notification about it.[/quote]

Pavel, where exactly is this located? I've been trying to find this option and I'm coming up empty. I am using 2.0.15.

Thank you!

[quote name='phantomcables' timestamp='1314304799' post='120360']

Pavel, where exactly is this located? I've been trying to find this option and I'm coming up empty. I am using 2.0.15.

Thank you!

[/quote]

It wasn't added until 2.2.1

[quote name=‘The Tool’ timestamp=‘1314310833’ post=‘120367’]

It wasn’t added until 2.2.1

[/quote]

Oh okay, that explains it :D . Thank you The Tool.