Other Ways To Load In Products?

Can I upload the .csv file to the file manager or to where all of the files are stored for the products and have them load in that way? I have over 500,000 items to install and it would take too much time to do it in the import manager in the admin panel?

Thanks.

I have a program called Navicat that lets me manage the mysql database directly. It has an import/export function. I use it. I can’t remember everything as it was several months ago, but I think I had to import images using cs-cart because I wanted it to generate my thumbnails for me. So what I did was import the few fields that cs-cart was better at (making my import files a lot smaller) and then imported the rest of the data with Navicat.

I use a program called Altova Mapforce to map product data from CSV to CS-Cart, but to go this route you’ll need to become intimately familiar with the MySQL tables.

[quote name=‘bigjmart’]Can I upload the .csv file to the file manager or to where all of the files are stored for the products and have them load in that way? I have over 500,000 items to install and it would take too much time to do it in the import manager in the admin panel?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think this is a very good question, because i know other webshop they have a windows app for add, delete, and so on products and control the shop from this app…

i think for future very usefull!