Original Google Base Export

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1317954865' post='123096']

No. You upload google_2.0.15.zip to the root of your installation then extract it. That's it.

I will say that the original file will still give you errors in Google base because it is not correct. You really need to use the google_2.2.3_1.zip if you do not want to get flagged by google.

[/quote]

Well I did it right now.

The products now upload to google, google still saying(Missing required attribute: availability)

Is it suppose to override the existed google.php?

After, extracting the file from the root of my cscart, it created another file (schemas)in the root on my cscart. Is that suppose to happen?

Yes, it's supposed to replace /schemas/exim/google.php.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1317994417' post='123132']

Yes, it's supposed to replace /schemas/exim/google.php.

[/quote]

What if I take off availability from your file and just add it to my file, will that work or do I need to change more files?

The original code in most versions of CSC are incorrect. That is why my file has so many modifications. Once again, it would be in your best interest to use the google_2.2.3_1.zip.

You can try to add the code (there are 2 sections of code for availability). There are no other files that need to be changed.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1317996252' post='123138']

The original code in most versions of CSC are incorrect. That is why my file has so many modifications. Once again, it would be in your best interest to use the google_2.2.3_1.zip.

You can try to add the code (there are 2 sections of code for availability). There are no other files that need to be changed.

[/quote]

Its that working for me, but thanks anyway.

Tom

[quote name=‘The Tool’ timestamp=‘1317996252’ post=‘123138’]

[/quote]

Hey Tool,

I have to bother you again :D

I have been trying and nothing is working. But here is what I did. My store is in a subfolder. So in public_html where mystore is, so I add googlebase_2.2.3_1.zip file there, than from my cpanel, I extract the googlebase_2.2.3_1.zip, but in the root where mystore is at, it created another folder call schemas, but did not override the file in mystore/schemas/exim.

Next: I added the googlebase_2.2.3_1.zip file in mystore and extract it from there, it did override the google.php file, but in my admin the google base tab disappeared.

Please check the attachment[attachment=4603:you see.jpg]

Thank you

Tom

you see.jpg

Tom, No offense but it appears you are not uploading these files correctly. Again, I cannot help you just by what you are posting.

I have taken the Googlebase export even further by adding the basic (first tier) google_product_category and have also made the product_type map the category structure of your store.

If you require multiple google_product_ category you will be better off using the features and exporting that way. I do not want to go through the 20,000 products I have so I am using the basic. You can even add what you want to the file if your will be exporting one category at a time.

This will require some language variables to be added:

Variable: product_type_delimiter
Value: Product type delimiter

Variable: text_product_type_delimiter
Value: Product type path delimiter for product type/category (e.g. "Computers///Desktops")

Variable: google_product_category
Value: Google product category

Variable: online_only
Value: Online only

Upload to the root of your installation and extract.

[attachment=4605:googlebase_2.2.3_2.zip]

[attachment=4606:Administration – Export data - Administration panel_1318285475380.png]

googlebase_2.2.3_2.zip

Administration – Export data - Administration panel_1318285475380.png

Hey Tool,

Thank you for all your help.

Its still not working for me, the only thing left is to upgrade to 2.2.3.

Thank you

Tom

If you can't get this to work, upgrading is going to be a nightmare for you.

If you want me to take a look, PM me access to your server.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1317686474' post='122867']

This is pretty much what I have been using all along for Google base export. It has a few modifications and I just quickly added the attribute “Availability” to get my products listed once again. The “Availability” is just a bandaid until I can figure out how to dynamically create the data depending on the quantity/amount.

Upload the attached file to the root of your store and extract.

[/quote]

will this work with 2.1.4?

Yes, it should work for 2.1.x to present versions. The 2.0.x versions need modifications as I have learned with tom437.

Thank you Tool for your efforts , It works just fine . I just changed the availability variables to do only In Stock for >0 and Available to order for >0 .

Great work

Thank you

Joe

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1318363125' post='123461']

Yes, it should work for 2.1.x to present versions. The 2.0.x versions need modifications as I have learned with tom437.

[/quote]

Many thanks works great!

[quote name='gasngrills' timestamp='1318365893' post='123463']

Thank you Tool for your efforts , It works just fine . I just changed the availability variables to do only In Stock for >0 and Available to order for >0 .

Great work

Thank you

Joe

[/quote]

How did you do that?

Yes, Tool got it working for me.

Thanks Tool :P

Tom

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1318411348' post='123504']

Many thanks works great!

How did you do that?

[/quote]

Just changed both out of stock and pre-order to read available to order.

Good day

My base currency is euro, but google product search shows results are shown in $ not exchange rate but exact prices. Basically results in seach are cheaper then actually. How do change this?

We downloaded the file created and created an export.

Uploaded it to Google Base last night and today all our products have been approved and are listed and show the price in £!

Thank you the Tool!

I have discovered that if you submit your products to Google and the “availability” field has “out of stock” that Google will not put those into the search. The status will be “Active… searchable soon” yet it will not be “searchable soon” until there is something other than “out of stock”. So whomever is using the modified google.php file may want to edit the file to something other than “out of stock”. Below is what I changed mine to. You can also use preorder.

[quote][list][]'in stock': Include this value if you are certain that it will ship (or be in-transit to the customer) in 3 business days or less. For example, if you have the item available in your warehouse.[]'available for order': Include this value if it will take 4 or more business days to ship it to the customer. For example, if you don’t have it in your warehouse at the moment, but are sure that it will arrive in the next few days. For unreleased products, use the value 'preorder'[]'out of stock': You’re currently not accepting orders for this product.[]'preorder': You are taking orders for this product, but it’s not yet been released.[/quote][/list]

if ($data == 0) {
$data = 'available for order';
}