Order Tracking Roadblock

Hi,

On my website> My Account> Track my order(s)

always produces an ErrorThe E-mail/Order ID you entered doesn't exist

This is consistent with whether a customer tries to check their tracking status or if one of us try to test this feature from the admin side.

Is there something I'm missing and need to know before making use of this nifty little feature?

Thanks in advance.

Do you receive this error both for Order ID and E-mail?

When an email ID is used, it says "Instructions have been sent to your email ID"

But the fact of the matter is, that a majority of customers need their Tracking IDs and this information is neither available in the email, nor the order details that would open via the link (given in email).

Do you receive this error both for Order ID and E-mail?

I have checked this behaviour on the demo and did face any problem. It is required to examine issue on your store

Can you provide a link to the demo? We could run a comparison for our developers to rectify the situation.

Thank you.

I have checked this behaviour on the demo and did face any problem. It is required to examine issue on your store

demo.cs-cart.com

Thank you, ecomlabs.

demo.cs-cart.com

ecomlabs, thanks for your help so far.

Kindly check tracking number "t35t1ng0" (without quotes)... it's for order #98 in demo. It produces the same error as in the original post.

Please advise further.

You should not use tracking number here, but order ID (98)

Should?

Or should not?

Also, order #98 seems to have been deleted by some wise fellow.

Also, can you kindly provide exact instructions on what numbers can be input into the order tracking field?

Is it:

1) Tracking number

2) Order number

3) Some other number

4) all 3 of above

TIA.

You should use tracking number here, but order ID (98)

Sorry, I corrected the post. You can use only Order ID or E-mail address in this field

Thanks again. It seems to work with Order ID; sends an email to customer's email address to check order status via a one-click expiring link.

Sorry, I corrected the post. You can use only Order ID or E-mail address in this field